Gm! I am a 35 year guy I use to drink alcohol and smoke. I have stopped smoking from last 4 months and stopped drinking from last 15 days. I have some white patches and red patches in my mouth. Sometimes patches pains when I eat spicy food and sometimes it doesn't. I can open my mouth properly, no weight loss or no other problem I have. I have been to a ent specialist Dr. Nishit shah and he told not to worry it's not cancer. I am diabetic. Sometimes the patches r very red and then I use candid ointment and it becomes less red. Pls advise wht to do?

Dear Pramod, Congratulations for stopping smoking and drinking. In that way, these patches helped you. It has prevented you from getting into cancer stage. Please continue to motivate yourself NOT to smoke, one week at a time. Avoid all situations and people that will make you, to relapse. You are a diabetic also. If nicotine is avoided, you have less chances of heart diseases in future. In diabetic, candidiasis is common. Use the ointment and keep diabetes under control. It will go away. All the best.