I am 55 years old and had pain in both legs and knee stiffness on long standing for 2-3 years. My knee xray showed narrowing of space in joint and osteophytes. But about a month and a half back my condition suddenly worsened that in 2-3 days it increased to the extent that the stiffness in legs is there most of the time with myalgia and pain, pressure in lower part of knee on walking. I can walk for 500-600 steps at a time but with bearable discomforting can stand for 15-20 minutes after which my legs become stiff and I have to sit for 2-3 minutes to recover. My question is whether OA can suddenly deteriorate over 2-3 days to increase many fold as I think it ia a gradual process. When my condition suddenly deteriorated I was getting leg massage and cold compresses. At that sudden point I developed oedema at shin area and ankles but now that is gone and with physical therapy I am better though not completely fine. I am comparatively fine sitting, lying down. Kindly suggest what should be done to manage my problem.

I am 55 years old and had pain in both legs and knee stif...
Maam continue your Physiotherapy. If there is any deformity in knees then modify your foot wear. Avoid squatting and cross leg sitting. Also start glucosamine supplements