Hello. Little blood means there is mild inflammation .Naturally you can reduce it by salt water gargling. Still if you feels like bleeding you have to visit a dentist and do a through cleaning. After that you can maintain your teeth by brushing twice.
15 years experience
Ask Free Question
There are various reasons of bad breath, like impurities in blood, inefficient digestive system, dry mouth (lack of saliva production), gum disease, cavities, plaque and tartar formation around teeth and gums, kind of diet, improper brushing / cleaning of mouth etc. I would advise you to get a thorough physical and dental examination to rule out the cause of bad breath and to solve it permanently.
23 years experience
Ask Free Question
Use a soft toothbrush -- and brush properly! Brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day and after meals. Hard brushing can further damage the soft tissues of your mouth.
- Floss at least once a day and be sure to floss beyond the gum line to remove more plaque.
- Control bleeding by applying pressure to the area with a cold compress. - Rinse with salt water or hydrogen peroxide to keep the area clean. Avoid mouthwashes that contain alcohol, which can dry out your mouth.
- Stay away from smoking and other tobacco products, which can aggravate bleeding gums.
- Eat a balanced diet and limit snacking between meals. Carbohydrates and sugars feed dental plaque.
- Try an oral irrigation device, commonly known as a "water pick, to clear debris from around the gum line.
- You may need deep cleaning along with surgical curettage or gum strengthening procedure. Use pepsodent tooth paste & gum paint for 2 to 3 weeks. Advance procedures can be done with laser. You may consult me in person.
You found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Bad Breath treatment