Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 19 year old male. I got an ankle injury in my leg and swelling is still there. Got it while playing football. What to do?

1 Doctor Answered
Hi ~use elastic bandages (such as an ace bandage) to wrap your ankle. ~wear a brace to support your ankle. ~use crutches for walking till swelling and pain subsides. ~keep your foot raised above your heart with pillows when resting or sleeping to reduce swelling. ~get plenty of rest and do not put weight on your ankle. Still you don't get relief than visit physiotherapist as physical examination /xray may be required for further investigation. Do reply for detailed treatment plan. Wishing you a good health.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.