My baby girl has 8 months now, and her weight is 575GMs only. How to improve her weight. Is there any medicine for weight growth. She don't eat home made mixed cerelac and instant cerelac also she like to drink formula milk and banana only. How to change her habits and how to improve her weight. Please guide me.

My baby girl has 8 months now, and her weight is 575GMs o...
Hi. Thanks for the query. At this age please refrain from using medicines or instant mixes to gain weight. It is possible that your baby is having more of milk and the liquid is filling her up. Try to fix time and try to give foods at the right time. So giving milk instead of khichdi at lunch time is not advisable. Use home foods like dal rice khichdi, dahi rice, kheer banana mashed with milk, carrot soup etc. Try to feed small amount at a time. do not force her to complete all you have made. Avoid dal water rice water....it will give only water no energy. Try one new food every week to see tolerance. Check for consistency of foods. If it is too think baby might not take. if baby is not falling ill dont haste...by end of the year the child should triple in birth weight.
There is no medication for weight gain. If you r using bottle for feeding. Stop it. This habit forming and children refuses to eat then. Give home made fresh food only. All seasonal fruits. All veg soups. Khichdi.and continue breast milk.