Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Submit a review for All Is Well Clinic Exclusive HomeopathyYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Prashant Ruikar to be well-reasoned, knowledgeable, caring, professional and nurturing. Share feedback in your own words...
Sourav Kumar Das
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Prashant Ruikar to be helped me improve my health. Sir your medicine improve my throat problem lot
Dr. Prashant Ruikar provides answers that are inspiring and caring. Your message resembles how care your patients.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Prashant Ruikar to be knowledgeable. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Prashant Ruikar to be very helpful. Very very Helpful...
Dr. Prashant Ruikar provides answers that are very helpful. Thank u very much
Dr. Prashant Ruikar provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks
Our girl baby was born on 20th February 2017. Please tell us which baby oil and hair oil are best for our baby.
In the coming month I am having my cpo medical for which my weight is 4 kg less than the required how can I gain in one month? & how can I get my periods before the date?
Arthritis (inflammation in one or more than one of the joints) is a common condition that afflicts many people. Arthritis can affect anyone of any age whether it is due to lifestyle factors, diet problems, genetics, other related disorders or even medications.
Causes of Arthritis
Injury - can damage to bone, ligament and cartilage that ultimately leads to severe pain.
Infection – Any kind of infection to the joint may result in arthritis.
Obesity and advanced age – Both are the common causes of arthritis.
Overuse – Overuse of knee joint can cause bursitis which ultimately leads to intense pain.
Sprain - Due to sudden unnatural movements causes pain as well as restriction of movement of the joint.
Malignancy – Myeloma, metastatic carcinoma.
Dislocation – Also causes severe arthritis.
Other causes – Include Sarcoidosis, Sickle cell disease, Lupus, Kawasaki disease, Crohn’s disease, bone tumors, bleeding disorders etc.
Homeopathic Treatment of Arthritis
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat arthritis but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for homeopathic treatment of arthritis that can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some important remedies are given below for the homeopathic treatment of arthritis:
Actaea Spicata – This is one of the most effective medications for arthritis that affects the smaller joints in your body; so these could be your fingers, ankles, toes and wrists. These joints may become inflamed and swollen and might become very painful. Trying to touch these joints may make the pain even worse. Actaea Spicata is very good in treating these joints and can be very effective in improving mobility related pain as well.
Causticum – If you are suffering from hip pain due to arthritis, causticum is one of the very best remedies to not only reduce pain, but also to lessen some of the other symptoms. Some of the indications wherein causticum is effective are:
Walking or standing becomes problematic
Even if you can walk or stand, your gait or posture tends to be a little bent
Excessive stiffness and pain in your hip without any visible cues
Caulophyllum – This is also a very effective medication to treat problems within small joints with the exception that it is meant for cases where the joints also show signs of stiffness along with pain and inflammation. The stiffness may be so severe that you may become unable to move them. The pain does not stay confined to any particular spot; can rather spread to multiple joints and other parts of the body as well.
Bryonia Alba – Although a fairly common and well-known medication, it is very versatile in reducing pain and swelling across multiple joints within the body. The indications for prescribing this medication are when the joints are visibly red or feel hot to you and are painful to touch. Also, it is very effective in cases of bigger joints such as the knees and elbows.
- Combination of Ferrum Met and Sanguinara Can – This set of medications is very effective in reducing the symptoms as well as pain caused by arthritis in the shoulders. Some of the most common symptoms wherein this can be prescribed are when you have shoulder pain in both the shoulders. Raising them can cause pain as well. Sanguinara is good with right sided pain while Ferrum met is effective for left side shoulder pain and stiffness resulting from arthritis.
Homeopathy is a medical science which is used to cure diseases and is based on the principle of "like cures like". It was developed by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann who was a general physician by profession in Germany. The concept, "like cures like" may sound a bit weird but it is proved to be successful and homeopathy treatment for any ailment is preferred worldwide. Depression is a kind of mental ailment or disease which could make a person lose hope of living life and results in hopelessness and sadness.
There seems no cure to your problems. But in homeopathy we have the answer to your problem. First we need the signs and symptoms to identify depression. Homeopathy medicines are totally natural and have fewer side effects than allopathic versions.
Types of depression:
- Depression due to stress
- Depression due to menopause
- Depression due to work load
- Depression in teenagers
- Depression in old people
- Major depression
- Atypical depression
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
Symptoms of depression are:
- Feeling hopeless and sad - The first signal or symptom is feeling of hopelessness. In this, the patient loses the hope in everything. They feel like being trapped in some kind of cage from which they are not able to come out.
- Lack of interest in anything - Everything seems to be of no use or interest, even your daily work. You don't want to do anything; even the things which you loved to do like your hobbies and passions which you no longer find interesting.
- Sleep irregularity - Insomnia or oversleeping. Either you sleep too much or do not sleep at all. This could be because of work or other stress in your personal or professional life.
- Irritation or unnecessarily getting angry - You start losing your temper easily and that too for silly reasons. You think you are losing control.
- Appetite problems- You either stress eat too much or too less or sometimes not at all. You are not willing to even eat your favourite dish.
- Concentration problems- You can't focus or concentrate on a particular thing for a long time.
- Frustration - You start feeling worthless and might even think of ending your life and getting out of this problem. Your behaviour changes and you can't think properly on one topic.
No need to get disheartened if the above symptoms are plaguing you, because the solution of your problem is in homeopathy. Homeopathy medicines do not have side effects and they remove the ailment from the roots. Medicines like Arsenicum Album, Ignatia, Natrum Muriaticum, Sepia help in various kinds of depressions. These should be taken in proper quantity as directed by the physician to get cured properly.
Sore throat can have many kinds of manifestations and the extent of soreness varies as well. Homeopathy offers multiple remedies for the varying degrees of an inflamed throat. These are some of the best homeopathic drugs in accordance with their symptoms:
- Aconitum: This medicine should be taken at the early onset of a sore throat. When there is redness of the throat and in addition to it swelling and burning, this can be the ideal remedy.
- Apis: This medicine is advisable when children have inflamed, red throat along with tonsils which become swollen with the consumption of hot food and beverages. In such instances, the child can’t swallow without experiencing recurring pain. The inflamed outer and inner throats are accompanied by a feeling of something being stuck in the throat due to an enlarged uvula.
- Belladonna: Acute tonsillitis is best treated with belladonna. Preferably it should be used at the onset of a sore throat. The tonsils appear scarlet red. Even though swallowing is painful, there is a desire to do so nevertheless. The throat feels constricted. In such cases the extremities are very cold despite the head feeling hot.
- Arsenicum: This is again a wonder drug for children experiencing pain in the larynx that is relieved when hot drinks and food are consumed, and worsened by any cold edibles. The right side of the throat generally experiences greater pain. This pain is accompanied by a dry mouth and an increased thirst.
- Ferrum Phos: This is an effective remedy for nonviolent and acute tonsillitis. The pain is often bearable and the onset of the inflammation is gradual. Swallowing often becomes difficult and leads to pain whereas cold brings relief to the throat.
- Lachesis: This drug is usually prescribed when the child has throat pain on the left side. The right gland of the throat is less swollen than the left. There is also a constant tickling sensation. The throat becomes extra sensitive to any kind of touch or pressure and these children hence dislike wearing tight clothing and collars.
- Hepar Sulph: This medicine is advisable for children when they start experiencing a sore throat right after they have been out in the cold, for way too long. The tonsils swell up and there is a constant throbbing pain. This pain tends to fluctuate and it also radiates to the ears when the child swallows. Some relief is experienced when consuming hot drinks. These children tend to be highly irritable.
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease that usually occurs when the pancreas do not carry out their functions in a proper manner. This leads to excess absorption of glucose from the food consumed by the patient. There are several types and risk factors attached with this lifestyle disease, and it is known as a long-term condition that cannot be fully cured. With homeopathy, the doctors now have a way wherein the symptoms can be contained even as the sugar levels are well-modulated so that over time, the ailment does not become a particularly debilitating one. Here are the ways in which a homeopathic doctor can help you in doing so, by reaching your very root so as to find a way to manage and treat diabetes in a more effective manner.
Managing Blood Sugar Levels- Solutions like Uranium Nitricum, Phosphoric Acid and Cephalandra Indica can be prescribed by a homeopathic specialist so as to help you in managing the blood sugar levels. These are an excellent standalone source, when it comes to keeping the blood sugar level steady and preventing a sudden spike in the same.
Holistic Approach- While homeopathic medicines are usually based on creating a new lifestyle that may accommodate the changes in one’s body due to the advent of a disease like diabetes, it may also be seen that the approach is usually customized as per the body and system of the individual. Before studying the patient’s physiological symptoms or prescribing a medicine, every homeopathic doctor finds out the actual cause behind the advent of diabetes in that particular patient. In this way, these medicines try to maintain harmony in the body, as they usually promote better management of the symptoms.
Constitutional Treatment- In order to prescribe the right method of medication for you, most homeopathic medical practitioners try and understand how you have been built. These doctors move past symptoms and other signs of diabetes and find out if you have a family history of the condition, and how it may have affected those in your family who have previously suffered or have been suffering from the ailment. Based on this evaluation, they reach the very root of the problem and prescribe the right medication for the same.
Promotive Approach- Type 2 diabetes is a kind of diabetes that can be controlled with the help of some changes in one’s lifestyle. Through homeopathy, the doctor will tend to reach out with this kind of deep-rooted and long-term form of treatment so that the blood sugar levels may be contained in an appropriate way.
Allergies in simple terms can be explained as increased sensitivity towards certain food items, objects and weather. Allergies can be caused in an individual due to various reasons. The primary sources of allergens are pollen, dusts and dirt, which can cause breathing troubles, asthma and headaches.
Allergies in any form are of two distinct types. First, they are seasonal. It has been noticed that in most cases, one gets an allergy when there is a season change. This is a type of seasonal allergy. Second is the perennial form of allergy wherein an individual gets an allergy from a particular allergy-causing substance all year around. Such allergies include food allergies, dust allergies, skin allergies and the like.
There are certain common symptoms whenever a person catches allergies. These would include itching on several parts of the body including hands, eyes, neck and legs. It would also cause the area to flare up. The skin becomes reddish in colour, owing to the allergy itself and due to the constant itching because of the irritation. Apart from these, water can flow from the eyes or one may experience short of breath quite often. Also, certain allergies are accompanied by asthma.
The most basic test which is carried out, even while treating allergies through homeopathy, is a blood test. A blood test has the ability to determine whether you are suffering from an allergy or not. It would also help you to figure out the substance that is causing the allergy and at what stage it currently is. This helps in administering the correct medicines so that the allergy is cured fast.
If eczema is suspected, then the doctor advises for a skin patch test to be conducted to know more in detail about the skin condition.
Skin prick test is also carried out at times when needed. Here, a needle pricks the skin with a known allergen. If the skin does not react, then it is a negative test; but if it reacts, then it is a positive test, indicating allergy.
There are several homeopathic medicines, which help in curing common and uncommon allergic reactions. Some of the popularly prescribed ones include the following:
Histamine for those allergic to dust and string perfumes
Sepia for those who are completely or partially lactose intolerant
Nux Vom for those who are allergic to coffee
Nitri-spiritus dulcis for those who are allergic to cheese
Sulphur for those allergic to antibiotics or drugs of any form
Thus, these are some of the common treatments homeopathy prescribes in order to get quick relief from allergies.
The immune system within your body is what protects you from all the attacks of various microbes from the world outside. However, the immune system itself can face problems and can defend the body only so much. Thus it is wise to add some homeopathic medicines and help the immune system fight the possible intruders better. Let's have a look at some of them:
1. Gelsemium: This medication is extracted from the vine Gelsemium sempervirens, and is known as a very effective remedy when you have flu like symptoms with the cold such as, exhaustion, body ache and fever.
2. Arsenicum album: A very well known remedy for food poisoning as well as other digestive disorders, Arsenicum album can be very effective in treating a wide variety of stomach related illnesses caused by the reaction to foreign microbes.
3. Oscillococcinum: This medication contains trace amounts of duck liver and heart and is known to be a good immune booster. Effective in the cases of cold and flu like symptoms, oscillococcinum can effectively treat fever with flu and other symptoms, although it may take a bit of time for it start acting. It is thus best to consult with a homeopathic doctor before starting a course.
4. Allium cepa: If you have flu like symptoms with teary eyes and nasal congestion, Allium cepa is a very good remedy. You have to take a few doses before the symptoms start subsiding. One dose contains three to five pellets and you might have to take about two to three doses daily for a couple of days for the symptoms to subside.
5. Combination medications: There are multiple medical combinations, which can help you boost your immunity as well. Consult your Homeopathic doctor to get the best combination for your specific condition. Some of these combinations are:
- Calcarea Carbonica 30 – 1 dose, Phosphorus - 1 dose & Lycopodium 30 - 1 dose: This combination is very effective in treating sensitive colds where fever may or may not exist but causes extreme nasal blockages.
- Lycopodium 30, Sabadilla 30: This combination is very effective when the cold and nasal blockages are due to pollen sensitivity and occur during the pollinating season. This can be used in a regular dosage to not only stop the symptoms but to also stop the allergy from happening in the first place.
Psoriasis is a condition in which rapidly multiplying skin cells cause the area affected to become rough, scaly and itchy. The affected area becomes red and sometimes painful and while the disease can’t be cured, it can be managed by limiting the rapidly multiplying cells. The immune system is thought to be compromised in psoriasis which leads to Infection by opportunistic bacteria such as streptococcus.
Till very recently, psoriasis was thought to be idiopathic, but studies show emotional imbalance or triggers such as cold and infections might lead to activating an inherently present gene. Even though it is usually limited to the skin, it can affect the joints and nails too. This autoimmune disorder occurs in patches where the scaly formation might become irksome, especially if it is in uncommon areas such as the mouth and genitalia. Psoriasis is also thought to be a result of alcoholism or medication such as lithium which is used to treat epilepsy or bipolar disorder.
Common homeopathic remedies
When treating psoriasis, homeopathy is a trove of invaluable resources and treatment options. Medication is customised for the patient after taking into account their personal medical history.
Homeopathy acts by trying to manage the root cause of psoriasis which is an immunocompromised state of being. The added advantage of homeopathy in treatment is the lack of side effects.
Here are some of the most feasible treatments for treating psoriasis with homeopathy:
- Kalium Bromatum: It is the first line of treatment in a lot of cases of psoriasis, especially when the red patches are covered with silver scales. It is also used in syphilitic psoriasis.
- Kalium Arsenicosum: It is an effective treatment for psoriasis that develops on the back and the arms.
- Sulphur: It is best suited for skinny people or those who tend to be forgetful.
- Calendula: It helps soothe and provide temporary pain relief for affected areas, especially if they are inflamed, but it doesn’t address the underlying cause of the disease and hence doesn’t treat it.
- Kalium Sulphuricum: It is best used for papular psoriasis, especially when sebaceous secretions are also involved.
- Arsenic Album: It is used for cases of psoriasis which improve on the application of warmth on the affected areas.
My baby is 20 days old she is 2.5 kg now. When can I use diaper for her. She is wetting full body in night times and she becomes cold.
I am 5 feet 10 inches tall. Weight 87.5 kg. I am overweight and exercising daily to reduce weight. I already have stretch marks on my waist ,legs, arms. N the way I am working out I lost 2 kgs a week. Will rapid loss cause me more stretch marks? What is the ideal way to loose weight? I run 4 kms n do 30 min cardio. Also will running cause problems on knees?
Atopic dermatitis is also known as Eczema. This is a kind of skin ailment that produces boils on the skin due to an inflammation of the dermis or the upper layer of the skin. There are many forms of atopic dermatitis.
Atopic dermatitis may be caused due to several reasons including a family history of the same, in which it is a genetic problem. It may also be caused when the patient has a weak immune system, which causes a reaction to any kind of disturbance in and around himself or herself, in which it is caused due to environmental factors.
Let us find out the various homeopathic means of treating this condition, and understand whether or this form of treatment is efficient or not. One must remember that any kind of homeopathic medicine or other forms of medication must only be prescribed by a certified medical practitioner.
Curing from the roots- The homeopathic way of treatment usually includes curing a problem from the roots rather than merely suppressing the painful symptoms. When medication is used to just suppress the symptoms, the problem continues to persist and becomes even more pronounced when the medication is not in use. For conditions such as atopic dermatitis, the doctor will usually prescribe medicines that will go forth and cure the very root of the problem that may be causing the condition in the first place. While this may be a time taking process, it will be a long term cure and treatment measure for the same.
Working on the immune system- In many cases, conditions like eczema may be borne due to stress-related issues, which usually lead to a weakened immune system. This is an issue that is addressed and treated appropriately by homeopathic medication so that the allergy causing elements may be treated and removed accordingly, even as the immunity is strengthened. This makes homeopathy an effective form of treatment for this condition.
Graphites- This homeopathic medication is used when the symptoms include constipation along with changes in the physical appearance of the skin, which becomes rough and hard.
Mezereum- This medicine is most effective when a crust like formation can be seen around the boils. The medicine is also useful when there is accumulation of pus under the crust.
Sulphur- Many patients suffering from atopic dermatitis complain of intense pain along with a burning and itching sensation, which they cannot seem to contain. This medicine usually helps such kinds of symptoms by soothing the affected area.
- Dulcamara- This medicine is most useful if and when the condition becomes worse due to a cold and damp weather, in which case the boils may flare up and lead to the oozing of pus and lots of itching. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
My baby is 3 months old and he drinks a better quantity of milk but she also spit a.lot like some times curd. And sometimes very instantly after feeding why this happens so. Why. She do like this is there any solution. Pls answer.
Hi What to do in starting days of pregnancy? When a women feel not well & when shes suffering from vomits?
If you cannot get an erection or if your erection isn't firm enough for sex, then you are suffering from Erectile Dysfunction(ED). If the troubles are persistent, then, it is a serious cause for concern. You can take a look at the symptoms of ED listed here:
a. You find it a real trouble getting an erection or keeping one firm enough for sex.
b. Your sexual desire is reduced and along with it, you experience other sexual problems which might include ejaculatory dysfunction.
a. There can be physical causes, like:
i. Involving medical conditions like Parkinson's Disease, Heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes.
ii. Involving medical treatments like treatment of prostate cancer or surgery in the pelvic region.
b. If you are a heavy drinker, then you have cause for concern.
c. There can also be psychological causes, like:
i. If you are suffering from depression or anxiety, then that is a probable cause for the disorder.
ii. Relationship problems might also lead to problems which extend into the ED.
a. An efficient way of treating ED is homeopathy. This includes mainly two ways in which homeopathy can be used to address the disorder:
i. By using Agnus Castus: Agnus Castus is a top remedy for erectile dysfunction and is essential especially when the patient lacks sexual desire, or physical power required for sex.
ii. By using Lycopodim: It is especially beneficial for people with an enlarged prostate and for old and young irrespectively.
iii. By using Caladium: Caladium is the required deep-acting agent required when the condition is acute. In these cases, when erection is either not possible or not firm enough for sex, it is imperative that caladium is used as it tackles the problem at a much deeper level.
Taking treatment for hypertension .should I go to gym. During exercise what is limit of increase of BP. If it increases above 140/90? Is any bad effect.
Hypothyroidism refers to the lack of thyroid hormones in your body. Hypothyroidism is caused when the thyroid gland of your body is unable to produce the thyroid hormones like T3 (triiodothyronine) and T4 (thyroxine). Hypothyroidism can occur due to the inflammation of the thyroid gland or as a result of previous thyroid treatments, where a major portion of the thyroid producing cells has been removed. Hypothyroidism is more common in women. But, it can develop in any person irrespective of age or sex.
The symptoms of hypothyroidism are as follows:
2. Increased feeling of cold
3. Dryness of skin
7. Increased blood cholesterol level
8. Your muscles may be become weak and you may suffer from muscle pain
9. Disruption in menstrual cycle.
Though these are the common symptoms, but it may vary from person to person. Hypothyroidism is a very common problem and homeopathy offers a very safe, painless and effective treatment for hypothyroidism.
The following are few of the homeopathic remedies for hyperthyroidism:
1. Calcarea Carbonica: This medicine is advised to people suffering from obesity and increased sensitiveness to cold temperature.
2. Sepia Officinalis: This medicine is suggested to people suffering from irregular menstrual cycle and increased sensitivity to cold.
3. Nux Vomica: Nux vomica is prescribed when the patient shows symptom of depression.
4. Lycopodium Clavatum: This medicine is given to people having gastric troubles or encountering excessive hair fall.
Along with these, there are various other medicines such as Iodium, thyroidinum, spongia, lycopus and lapis albus. But it is highly recommended for you to consult a homeopathic physician to receive correct advice before taking any medication by yourself.