Doctors in Ramakrishna Mission Hospital
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Laser Hair Removal
Customised Diet Chart
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Root Canal Treatment
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Submit a review for Ramakrishna Mission HospitalYour feedback matters!
--> A condition in which close objects appear clearly, but far ones don't.
--> People with myopia can have difficulty clearly seeing a movie or tv screen or the whiteboard in school.
Myopia symptoms and signs:-
If you are nearsighted, you typically will have difficulty reading road signs and seeing distant objects clearly, but will be able to see well for close-up tasks such as reading and computer use.
Other signs and symptoms of myopia include squinting, eye strain and headaches. Feeling fatigued when driving or playing sports also can be a symptom of uncorrected nearsightedness.
If you experience these signs or symptoms while wearing your glasses or contact lenses, schedule a comprehensive eye examination with your optometrist or ophthalmologist to see if you need a stronger prescription.
What causes myopia?
Myopia occurs when the eyeball is too long, relative to the focusing power of the cornea and lens of the eye. This causes light rays to focus at a point in front of the retina, rather than directly on its surface.
Nearsightedness also can be caused by the cornea and/or lens being too curved for the length of the eyeball. In some cases, myopia is due to a combination of these factors.
Myopia typically begins in childhood and you may have a higher risk if your parents are nearsighted. In most cases, nearsightedness stabilizes in early adulthood but sometimes it continues to progress with age.
Nearsightedness can be corrected with glasses, contact lenses or refractive surgery. Depending on the degree of your myopia, you may need to wear your glasses or contact lenses all the time or only when you need very clear distance vision, like when driving, seeing a chalkboard or watching a movie.
Good choices for eyeglass lenses for nearsightedness include high-index lenses (for thinner, lighter glasses) and anti-reflective coating. Also, consider photochromic lenses to protect your eyes from UV and high-energy blue light and to reduce your need for a separate pair of prescription sunglasses outdoors.
If you're nearsighted, the first number (" sphere") on your eyeglasses prescription or contact lens prescription will be preceded by a minus sign (–). The higher the number, the more nearsighted you are.
The advantage of homeopathic treatment:-
Homeopathy is a wonderful science of treatment with medicines made from natural substances. These medicines are safe from toxic side-effects and make a dynamic impact at the root level to heal the condition and restore good health. A major advantage of the homeopathic mode of treatment in myopia is that it stops further progression of the condition. Homeopathic medicines can thus provide supportive treatment in myopia. They are equally effective in persons of all age groups.
Homeopathic medicines for myopia:-
Top grade homeopathic medicines for myopia are pysostigma, Ruta, Viola odorata, oleum animale, and phosphorus.
- Pysostigma - Pysostigma is well indicated for nearsightedness which is progressing rapidly, accompanied by pain in the orbits. The person experiences photophobia along with blurred vision. Spasm of the ciliary muscle, irritability of the eyes and dim vision are treated best with pysostigma.
- Ruta - Ruta is one the most suitable homeopathic medicines for myopia with a severe headache. The person experiences pain while reading, sewing and performing other near-sighted activities. The weakness of the ciliary muscles and blurred vision are the signs to look out for prescription of Ruta. Ruta acts very well for eyestrain occurring from overuse of eyes.
- Viola Odorata - Another of the useful homeopathic medicines for myopia is viola odorata. Myopia, where it is accompanied by severe pain in the eyes, is treated most effectively with homeopathic medicine viola odorata. In such cases, the person complains of severe pain in the eyes which radiates to the top of the head (vertex). The heaviness of the eyelids, flames before the eyes and nearsightedness are other symptoms that merit use of Viola odorata
- Oleum Animale - Oleum animale is one of the most wonderful homeopathic medicines for myopia where the symptoms include blurred vision with smarting in the eyes. The person often sees glistening bodies before his eyes and complains of dim vision. Nearsightedness accompanied by twitching of the eyelids is also treated well with homeopathic medicine oleum animale.
- Phosphorus - Phosphorus is one of the most highly recommended homeopathic medicines for myopia. Fatigue of the eyes and head even when the eyes are not being overused is a key symptom for prescription of phosphorus. It is one of the best indicated homeopathic medicines for myopia with weak eyesight and an aversion to light. A feeling of having sand in the eyes which gets better by rubbing may also be present. Frequent itching in the eyes with profuse lachrymation is also present. Nearsightedness with atrophy of optic nerve is treated well with homeopathic medicine phosphorus as well.
On the occasion of world diabetes day, I want to convey that the complications of diabetes can only be prevented by sharing knowledge about the disease.
Symptoms of diabetes include Increased urination, Increased thirst, Generalized weakness, Loss of weight, etc. Early identification of symptoms and proper initiation of treatment can prevent many complications.
Please keep an eye on the above symptoms, if any get a blood sugar done and report to a physician.
TIPS TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF HIV-
- Sex with protection (condom)
- No multiple partners (sex partners)
- Avoid intercourse with sex workers especially unprotected.
- Avoid unprotected sexual intercourse at massage parlors.
- Avoid intercourse with anonymous that too without protection.
- Avoid bisexual activities.
Stay in a healthy and faithful relationship with your partner.
You can exercise for healthier gums as well. Gently bite down so as to make sure that your teeth make a clinking sound when they meet. Repeat this 30 to 40 times continuously. This exercise will stimulate the flow of blood and will keep your gums healthy.
There are many factors involve for feeling of lack of energy all the time, for some of those, we are responsible and for others not taking proper care of mother nature is the cause and we put blame on our environment, of course lack of nutrition due to poor soil, artificial fertilizers, GMO seeds, cold storage, air, water, food pollution, radiations all around us are the major reasons but lack of physical activity, fast-paced life, not dealing with stress properly are also main causes in feeling of constant fatigue.
Time is now to ponder and start taking care of ourselves and our environment.
Your body needs to absorb protein as it helps to fight viruses and bacteria, build muscles and produce hormones. Proteins are complex large molecules which are made up of Amino acids chains. Without proteins the body gets dysfunctional.
As one grows old the body’s ability to break down and absorb protein decreases along with. You cannot compensate it by simply drinking more milk or having an extra egg in the breakfast. There are some adjustments that are required to compensate for the lack of protein absorption.
Let's discuss simple tips on how to Boost your protein absorption:-
Eat acidic food
Eating food that is acidic can make your stomach a little more acidic in nature and help break down the protein.
Consume Vitamin B6
Consumption of Vitamin B6 ensures that the amino acids are dismantled to the bloodstream and the proteins are broken down. The Pyridoxine is another name for Vitamin B6 and its primary purpose is to help break down the protein.
Consume Complex carbohydrates
even when protein is broken down into its simplest form, the work in the body is still not done. Your body needs to utilize these amino acids to benefit from the protein-rich foods you eat. By consuming carbohydrate-rich food, your body will release insulin and elevated insulin levels will help your muscles absorb these amino acids especially during muscle building exercises, which means if you eat carbohydrates right before an intense workout then it is going to yield the best protein absorbing results
Take protein before and after a workout
While you eat Complex carbohydrates right before workout it is also beneficial to eat the protein right after and before the workout to give an ample supply of amino acids so your body can use and absorb the protein during and after the high intensity of exertion.
Being #TheWorldDiabetesDay today we would be talking about how we could reduce the risk of diabetes by embracing a healthy lifestyle.
Ayurvedic treatment on CervicaI Spondylosis -
This is a disorder in which the discs vertebrae in the neck degenerate and so has a pulling pressure on the spinal cord in the neck.
Causes of CervicaI Spondylosis-
1) With aging, the bone of the spine overgrows and narrows the spinal canal in the neck. As a result, the spinal cord or the spinal nerve roots are compressed causing dysfunction.
2)Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis may also produce cervical pain and degeneration.
Symptoms of CervicaI Spondylosis-
1)Cervical degeneration is commonly seen after thirty years of age.
2)The characteristic clinical features are shooting pain and weakness.
3) Leg movements may become jerky or spastic in advanced stages.
Treatment principle according to Ayurveda-
- Joints are the seat of Kapha
- It is a vata kapha problem.
- The treatment management differs in acute cervical prolapse (avarana) and in degeneration (dhatu ksaya)
- Ousada gala -night (Urdva jatru vikaresu nisi)