Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. J.R. ModiYour feedback matters!
Dear sir under in eye very dark sport on my face which type of cream I will use remove the dark circles on under my eyes please sir tell me which type of cream I will use very dark sport on my under the eye my age is 19.
I have dark circle under both of my eyes and my face is not glowing like my body. What should I do? please prescribe me.
I regularly get pimples on my face and they leave a mark when they go. So now I have a lot of pimple marks on my face. Pls suggest some remedy to get rid of those marks.
Hi doctor, I used skin lite cream for 2 months ,but coz of its side effects I just stop to apply it. Can you suggest me alternative for fairer looking skin.
Actually My father has came across some signs of illness. Since few days he is suffering from a kind of minor prolapse of rectum. He he has still a medium type pain there. Now we could observe that His body is getting warm (fever I mean) in an irregular interval. He had a history of liver cirrhosis and he had stopped taking Paracetamol tab as the doctor who treated the prolapse of rectum told to do so. Now he had a huge pain all over his body. His work leds him all day in scorching sun. So is there anything to recover him. Actually he couldn't take rest from his work. Please give me possible advises about medication (if any) to deal this situation. Or about a diet for him. Whatever needed. His body temperature I just read is 104.6°F.
My wife is 42y old she is having black pigmentation on her both hands and totally getting dark circles under eye & having 85 kg weight with only 5ft 2 inch night so pl. Give the solution for pigmentation & to lose weight.
Hi my hand skin is very hard please suggest some cream or home remedies for making them soft. Its looking different from other like a hand of a farmer fully dry .please help.
The bladder is a hollow storage organ that collects urine from the kidneys and stores it until it can be passed out of the body through the urethra during the process of micturition or urination. It has a thin inner lining of cells called urothelial cells and a thick muscular wall, which exerts pressure to push the urine out of the body.
Causes of Bladder Tumors
In most cases, the bladder tumor develops on the inner layer due to a combination of some of the following factors.
1. Hereditary: A strong family history of cancer predisposes a person to cancer.
2. Gender: Men are 3 times more prone for bladder cancer than women.
3. Ethnicity: White people are more prone for bladder cancer black people.
4. Smoking: Smokers develop bladder cancer 2-6 times more frequently than non-smokers. cigarettes contain toxic, carcinogenic substances which reach the kidney and are stored in the bladder, leading to their damage.
5. Occupational hazards: Some workplaces have a higher likelihood of causing bladder cancers, especially dye and rubber industries. The effects can be damaging, and the person may develop cancers years after the exposure has happened.
6. Recurrent bladder infections: In some people, this can also lead to bladder cancer in the long run.
Types of Bladder Tumor
Depending on the extent of the cancerous spread, it can be of two types:
1. Non-muscle-invasive bladder tumors: The tumor spread is limited to the inner part of the bladder (urothelial cells)
2. Muscle-invasive bladder tumor: The tumor has spread to the thick muscular outer layer. This is more advanced and prognosis is poor compared to the noninvasive type.
The most common and diagnostic symptom of bladder cancer is the presence of blood in the urine, known as hematuria. This will be intermittent and happens whenever the tumor bleeding happens. Other symptoms include pain in the lower abdomen and frequent urination.
From the most noninvasive to the most invasive diagnostic test, these include:
1. Urine microscopy to detect cancer cells in the urine
2. Cystoscopy A tube inserted into the urethra to look into the inner wall of the bladder is highly diagnostic
3. Ultrasound, CT Scan, and biopsy can also be further used to identify severity of the tumor.
Once the tumor is diagnosed, treatment would depend on the severity of the tumor. For both invasive and noninvasive tumors, definitive therapy is surgery, known as transurethral resection of the bladder tumor (TURBT). The cancerous bladder tissue is removed through a cystoscope as done for diagnosis. The bladder is then flushed with chemotherapy agent to kill any residual cancer cells in the bladder. This is then followed by BCG vaccine, which is again done 1 to 4 weeks for several months to avoid recurrence. In some cases, radiotherapy may also be included.