Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. J.R. ModiYour feedback matters!
I am 34 years my problem regarding skin. In my skin there is rashes in back left and right side of the body and granules like prickly heat. What should I do please suggest me.
I am 21 year old. I have a problem in my face. I have too much oily skin, and I got acne. How it is remove.
Whenever I go to the sun I have all itchiness in my body fells like someone trying to insert safety pin all over the body. What to do?
Deep venous thrombosis in left lower limb. Need to treat immediately. Can you suggest some hospital who can attend today.
1. Stay away from soap
Soap is highly alkaline, and it can damage the skin's natural barriers. Choose a soap-free cleanser instead or use some good body wash.
2. Minimize your sun exposure
Avoid UV rays as much as possible. This is helpful in preventing premature aging and lowers risk of developing skin cancer. When outdoors, wear a wide-brimmed hat and choose clothing that covers your skin.
3. Protect your skin
Never go in the sun without wearing sunscreen, preferably with a zinc oxide base. Apply half an hour before exposure.
4. Boost your fibre intake
Good health starts with good nutrition, so make sure to eat plenty of healthy foods for glowing skin such as fruits, raw vegetables and whole grains.
5. Protect yourself
Stress, late nights, coffee, alcohol and cigarettes are the worst offenders.Avoid them.
I have lipids. Formation over my eye lids, basically right now skin is dry. Little puffy. Lot of irritation. Doctor has prescribed laveta m.is it correct. After having it for 10 days. These lipds appeared again.
Is there anything doing which I will have any kind of infection and develop marks on my face and body for some 2-3 months. Please suggest.
Sir my skin is very oily and I have dark circles below my eyes how can I reduce them and my hair is very rough and curly and thin so for good hair give me such a kind of advice so that I improve myself.
Hello doctor, I am having dark pigmentation at inner thighs and groin region and severe itching at winters. I think it's atopic dermatitis. Please give me advice for skin lighting and whitening?
I am 24, on my skin doesn't suits any moisture, cream. Its sensitive + dry skin! how to get clear and glowing skin.
Sir/Madam. I having over pigmentation problem. Skin was looks dull. And then tired. Actually I'm black in colour. Refers skin soap. And then ointments. How to reduce melanin secretion?
I am 54 years male and suffering from Actinic Cheilitis for the last 35 years on lower lip. Please suggest suitable medicine and application on lip. Thank you.
Skin is the first and foremost organ exposed to the onslaught of a variety of germs and bacteria. Your skin fights against these germs to keep you safe and healthy. Thus, skincare should not be treated as an element of vanity. A skincare regimen is something essential for your overall wellness.
Ways you should adopt to take care of your skin on a daily basis:
- Dry skin should be kept safe from harsh face washes: Face washes have a milder effect as compared to soaps, but they surely aren't good for the health of your skin. Skin, especially that on your face, is delicate. To retain its natural glow and nourishment, care should be taken to maintain its natural oils and nutrients. Washing your face repeatedly with harsh face washes can make your skin dull and rough. If you have a dry skin, you should be extra careful to retain the natural oils of your skin and hence should stay away from soaps or face washes.
- A skin with large pores should be exfoliated frequently: Skin with large, open pores is usually oily. Excess oil can lead to several other problems like acne, pimples or skin pigmentation. Such kind of skin should therefore be exfoliated and toned as part of a person's daily routine. Exfoliation rids your skin of dead cells, which on continued accumulation, can lead to infections. However, toning helps in tightening your skin.
- Sunscreens should be used irrespective of the prevailing weather: Whether it is sunny or cloudy outside, sunscreens are a must. You should never venture outdoors without applying sunscreen on the bare parts of your body. Sunscreen lotions are known to prevent you from the harmful UV rays of the sun that can subject you to the threat of skin cancer. It is absolutely necessary to apply these lotions generously and at least twenty minutes before a person goes outside.
- Hydration is the best suited way to have a healthy skin: When it comes to the look and well-being of your skin, hydration is indeed important. Drinking plenty of water and fruit juices can keep your skin moisturized naturally. Make sure you include fresh fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
- Settle for herbal or natural face packs: Herbal or natural face packs run from a lower propensity to react with your original skin type. This helps you to avoid chances of contracting acne or any other kind of fungal or bacterial infection. You should make efforts to grind turmeric at home to apply it on your face instead of buying a readymade pack. This way, you steer clear of chemical substances and their disadvantages.
Confidence and a better sense of self image can be born with a number of measures to prevent and repair the various factors that make one feel less than confident. Our face and hair are one of the major areas that make us feel confident and balding is a big cause that can leave people feeling shy of facing the world. A hair transplant procedure may seem like a simple one, but it comes with many implications as far as maintenance in the long run goes. Besides certain side effects, one will also have to indulge in proper habits for the upkeep of the transplant so that balding does not set in again. An itchy scalp may be a common occurrence after going through this surgery. Read on to know more about this.
- Causes of Postoperative Itchiness: The scalp may undergo postoperative itchiness after the grafting process has been put into place because the scalp is still getting used to the new skin and the tingling sensation that will invariably be caused by the hair that is now busy growing from previously bald quarters. This itchy feeling can also come from the dryness that may be caused by the shampoo that one uses. Also, shampooing in general can cause dryness of these new grafts, which leads to an itching sensation. Further, the topical ointments that may have been prescribed can lead to an allergic reaction, which can also cause severe itching. Further, in extreme or drastic cases, the scalp may fall prey to infection and in such cases, itching is one of the first reactions or symptoms of the same. Finally, if you have been suffering from a skin condition, this can also lead to itching.
- How to Deal with Itching: When you suffer from an itching scalp as a side effect after such a surgery, it is best to avoid scratching the surface as this may lead to bleeding and subsequent infection in the area. Ask your dermatologist for a change in the topical ointments so that you can avoid feeling the need to scratch and ensure that you also use a cold compress to keep the area suitably moist and also to soothe the excess itching sensation you may be feeling. You may damage the healing tissues by scratching within the first month after the surgery, so you must also ensure that your nails are cut.
- Other Side Effects: Itching and scratching can give rise to other side effects after a hair transplant procedure. These include a pimple breakout, bruising due to constant abrasion, and mild swelling which can also lead to further itching. These typically go away with the itching in due time.