Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. J.R. Modi
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. J.R. ModiYour feedback matters!
1. Drink lots of water
Try to drink lots of water and fluids to keep your body hydrated. During summer season your daily water requirement increased because a lot of water waste due to heat and sweating and to flush out the toxins.
2. Juicy fruits
Try to eat more juicy fruits like watermelon, grapes, pears, blueberries, strawberries and pomegranate to get back lost fluids and moisturizers.
3. Fresh salad
Include fresh salad in your diet and increase the intake of cucumber, beetroot, tomato, radish and carrot.
4. Rose water
Try to daily wash your face with rose water. Its natural cooling properties make it an excellent toner for the hot summer season.
5. Skin exfoliation
Don't forget to weekly exfoliate your skin with good scrub. You can also make a good scrub at home by 4 to 5 table spoons of gram flour (besan), a pinch of turmeric (haldi), 5-6 drops of rose water and milk or yogurt. Mix them well to form a paste and use it to exfoliate your face and neck.
6. Mask for soft and glowing skin
You can also make a home based pack by 2 tablespoons of mashed papaya, 1 table spoon of honey and 1 egg white. Mix them well and apply on your face and neck. Leave this for 15 minutes then rinse off with cold water and feel the freshness of soft, smooth and glowing skin.
7. Cucumber and yogurt& face pack
Blend a half cucumber and 1 table spoon of yogurt in mixer then apply this of your face and neck. After 15 minutes rinse off with fresh water and feel a fresh and supple skin.
8. Lemon for sun tan
Lemon is a natural bleaching agent and can help& remove the tan& from your face. Lemon contains ascorbic acid due to which it can easily bleach tanned skin. Simply squeeze a lemon into a dish. Soak a cotton ball into the lemon juice and apply it all over your face and neck. Lemon is also considered best to give you glowing skin. Although lemon is supposed to be a natural bleach but be aware that it dries the face. That`s why apply a good moisturizer or almond oil after washing off lemon.
9. Lemon juice and honey
You can also massage sun tanned skin with mixture of lemon juice and honey because honey is also considered a natural bleach for your skin.
10. Stay indoors between 11am-3pm
Try to stay indoors between 11am and 3pm because during this time period sun’s rays are the strongest and can have an adverse effect on your skin.
11. Sun screen
Don't forget to apply a good sunscreen 30 minutes before you step out.
12. Make use of hats
Make use of hats, sunglasses and full covered dresses.
13. Loose fitting cloths
Wear loose fitting cotton clothes to release the trapped moisture so that your skin can breathe.
14. Cold water
Every evening splash lot of cold water on face and eyes. Soak cotton pads in cold water or rose water then place them on your close eyes for 10-15 minutes.
My skin is little oily and doesn't stay fair for a long time What is a permanent solution to gain fairness throughout the day?
Myself shivam I'm student 20 years old my lips get more black since 3 years sir give me reason and solution about. And which food I should take.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I uesd scar removal cream for 4 months but did not see any changes. What should I do.
I have a red lump on my sack and it's getting painful and bigger. It is firm, has no head and is only under the skin, not attached to the testicle. I've done research but cannot decide for sure. I could probably post a pic if someone thinks that it would help. Someone help me figure this out.
I am 23 years old male and having problem with excretion of faces. It takes me 45mins for the excretion. Many a times I have to go two times to the washroom. Kindly Suggest some ayurvedic methods so that I can be relieved of the problem.
It is an inflammatory reaction to the hair shaft entering the skin, most common in blacks who shave regularly.
Who gets razor bumps?
About 50% of black males are said to be affected. Other races can also be affected. Though the condition is most commonly reported in men, women who remove unwanted hair also suffer from this condition.
Causes of Razor Bumps-
The condition is caused by both genetic factors and various hair removal methods.
- Curved hair follicles and curly hair
- A defect in the gene for the hair protein keratin 6hf
Hair removal methods may cause razor bumps by either creating a sharp hair tip that re-enters the skin away from the hair pore (extrafollicular penetration) or by the hair shaft breaking off at different lengths and piercing the follicle from within the skin (transfollicular penetration). An inflammatory reaction is then set up in response to the hair fragments lying in the skin. The following methods may cause razor bumps:
- Ingrown hairs
- Red, skin coloured or dark bumps
- Bumps containing pus
What are the complications of razor bumps?
- Pigmentary problems (darkening of the area most common)
- Abscess formation
- Psychological problems
Razor bumps are most common on the beard, however they have been reported to occur on the pubic area, legs and scalp.
There are several treatment options to deal with razor bumps already present. They include:
- Alpha-hydroxy acids
- Chemical peels
Prevention of Razor Bumps:
It is true to say that 'prevention is better than cure'. Here are the preventions-
- Laser hair removal is the best method of removing unwanted hair in individuals affected with this condition. The laser device is programmed to selectively target the pigment in the hair follicle, destroying it, while leaving the skin intact.
- Electrical clippers are found by many to cause less bumps than razors. If one must shave it is important to avoid a close shave to help prevent razor bumps. The following is a guide to safer shaving methods:
- Brush hairs with polyester sponge before shaving.
- Wash beard, use pre-shave cream or gel.
- Avoid double and triple blade razors.
- Shave in the direction of hair growth.
- Do not pull the skin taut.
- Use a sharp blade, rinse after each stroke.
- Apply a cold compress after shaving, then a soothing aftershave preparation.
- Clipping hairs with a small pair of facial scissors is an option for women with few unwanted hairs.
- Chemical depilatories (hair removal creams) are another option for hair removal.
- Electrolysis is a permanent method of hair removal but requires several sessions. It is operator dependent and can cause bumps and scarring. Waxing and tweezing also have the potential to cause bumps.
- Eflornithine hydrochloride is a cream that slows the growth of hair and therefore can be used in combination with a hair removal method. It is marketed for women with unwanted facial hair.
- Anti-androgen drugs can be used in females who have hirsutism (male pattern hair growth e.g. beard hair). Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!