Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Abnormal Tooth Color
Treatment of Abnormally Shaped Teeth
Treatment Of Achilles Tendon Injuries
Treatment Of Achilles Tendon Rupture
Treatment of Achondroplasia
Treatment of Acute Myocardial Infarction
Treatment of Adenomyosis
Treatment of Acute Pancreatitis
Treatment Of Adrenal Masses
Treatment of Alexander Disease
Treatment of Amelogenesis Imperfecta
Treatment of Alzheimer's Disease
Treatment of Amelogenesis
Treatment of Andersen-Tawil Syndrome
Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Treatment of Angina
Treatment of Anencephaly
Treatment of Angiopathy
Treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis
Submit a review for Breach Candy HospitalYour feedback matters!
With sedentary lifestyle, refined and processed food habits, obesity and diabetes is the new age epidemic. India, in fact, is being termed as the diabetes capital of the world given the huge rise in the number of cases over the last couple of decades.
There are well established risk factors for diabetes and if these can be managed, then the chance of delaying onset, controlling progress and containing complications are highly possible. Read on to know how simple things can be effective in preventing and managing diabetes.
Weight control: Obesity is the most important risk factor for developing diabetes. A person with normal BMI is 20 to 40 times less likely to develop diabetes than an overweight person. Losing about 10% of the excess weight can help prevent diabetes by more than 50%. Check with your doctor what should be the ideal recommended weight for you and draw up a routine (diet, exercise, etc.) that will help you achieve and stay around that weight range.
Exercise: All methods of exercise help in moving the muscles, which is drastically reduced given our sedentary lifestyle. Moving the muscle (as much and as often as possible) ensures they absorb more glucose and reduce the stress on insulin production. Something as simple as brisk walking for 30 minutes is good enough to reduce the chances of developing diabetes by 50%.
Don’t be a couch potato: If watching television is your favourite pastime, it is time to change it. This puts people at risk of developing obesity, heart disease and diabetes. Also, watching television is usually associated with overeating, further adding to the risk of diabetes.
Fibrous foods: Eating fibrous fruits and vegetables as compared to refined and fried foods helps prevent diabetes.
Whole grains vs processed foods: When you have to choose between a pizza and a bowl of brown rice, go for the latter.
Good fats vs bad fats: Polyunsaturated fatty acids are found in vegetable oils, nuts, and seeds and help control diabetes. Trans fats present in margarine and baked foods are best avoided.
Non-vegetarian foods: If you have a choice, pick fish and poultry versus red meat (processed or otherwise). The fish is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and helps control inflammation.
Leave the whites: Get off white rice, white refined sugar and white flours. Include brown rice, brown or demerara sugar and wheat flour instead.
Smoking: Quit smoking and you will note how beneficial it is in preventing diabetes.
Alcohol: Moderate amount helps in effective functioning of the insulin.
If you have a family history or have risk factors, follow the above to prevent diabetes.
What is the real reason behind the surgery?
The decision to have breast augmented surgery should be a woman’s alone. Friend’s advice or pressure from your partner should not play a role in this. Since this is a complicated procedure, getting the surgery done with external pressure can lead to disappointment.
How expensive are these surgeries?
Breast augmentation surgeries are slightly expensive compared to other plastic surgeries. However, the price of the surgery varies depending on the procedure chosen and the doctor who is performing it. It makes sense to consider a clinic which fits the budget and has a very good reputation of its own. Planning your finance well in advance should be one of the top priorities of a woman.
While most breast augmentation surgeries are harmless, there are potential complications that go with it. Bruising and swelling are common risks that are involved with this procedure. This might even last for a week. If surgeries go wrong there is a potential risk in getting a second surgery to set things right. The candidate might have to take antibiotics and pain medication for quite a few weeks till things become normal.
Think about a realistic size-
There is this general notion that breast augmentation surgeries do not give a natural look to a woman. To ensure that one gets a natural look, it is very important to choose the right size of the implant. While it remains a personal choice, the appropriate breast size makes a woman more attractive.
Set the expectation right-
Most breast augmentation surgeries give people a positive outlook towards life. They feel more confident and happier than before. Having said this, there are chances of potential changes in the physiological and physical front. Before the surgery, a detailed discussion with the doctor is recommended.
Where should you have the surgery from?
While there are many places that offer cheap implant options, money should not be the only consideration. A surgery as important as this should have various parameters weighed such as the experience of a doctor, the success rate of the doctor, talking to people who have undergone the same procedure from the same facility etc.
Is a night stay at the clinic mandatory?
A night stay at the clinic is not mandatory. While some clinics emphasize for a night stay so that the patient can be kept under observation, some prefer that their candidates go home and heal at the privacy of their homes.
If a person is planning to get pregnant after the surgery, there is a potential risk of breastfeeding. While most women do not face this, there are considerable ones who come across this problem. A prior consultation with the doctor will help to take an informed decision.
The contraceptive pill, or simply 'the pill', is a type of hormonal contraception taken by women to prevent pregnancy. Now, even though the birth control pill is extremely effective in preventing unplanned pregnancy, it is not without some side effects. The common side effects of birth control pill include:
- Intermenstrual spotting: Some women experience intermenstrual spotting or bleeding in the time between their menstrual cycles. This is very common in the first three months of you taking the pill. Most of the times, intermenstrual bleeding resolves itself.
- Nausea: Some women might experience mild nausea when they take the pill for the first time. The nausea will resolve on its own after some time, but if it gets critical or persists, seek medical help. Taking your pill at bedtime or with food can aid in countering the nausea.
- Breast tenderness: Breasts can become tender or enlarge as a result of birth control pills. Reducing salt and caffeine intake, and wearing a support bra can be beneficial.
- Headaches: The development of migraines and headaches are the effects of the sex hormones. Different pills with varied doses and types of hormones may lead to different symptoms of headaches. Studies suggest that pills with low hormone doses are usually linked with headaches.
- Weight gain: There is no logical link between weight fluctuations and contraceptive pills, but fluid retention (specifically in the hip and breast areas) and enlarged fat cells are common side-effects.
- Mood changes: Women who may have suffered from depression should consult their doctors when taking the pill. A study discovered that taking pills usually leads to the thickening of the cortexes (outermost layers of the brain involved with analysing incoming stimuli and reward response). However, there is more research pending on this issue.
- Missed periods: Skipping or missing a period is very common when you are on the pill. Factors such as stress, travel, illness and thyroid or hormonal abnormalities can influence this.
- Decreased libido: The pills contain hormones that can lower your sex drive or libido.
- Vaginal discharge: Some women experience differences in their vaginal discharge when they are on the pill. Vaginal lubrication can dip, which causes discomfort during sex.
- Visual changes: Fluid retention is a side-effect of the pill, which even ends up affecting the cornea; they change shape or swell up.
LASIK stands for Laser In-situ Keratomileusis. This is a common eye surgery that helps in correcting vision problems. During this procedure, the cornea of the eye is cut across by a medical expert to raise the tissues and reshape them to correct vision. LASIK is suitable for patients who have shortsightedness, long sightedness or who suffer from astigmatism.
Here are the 5 benefits that a LASIK surgery offers:
1. Improved vision - A study reveals that 95% of the people who underwent this surgery achieved uncorrected visual acuity of 20/40 and 85% of the people achieved 20/20 vision. This procedure ensures that a patient achieves enhanced vision.
2. Quick results and recovery - This surgery enables you to return to your normal schedule immediately the day after the surgery. You can have clear and improved vision within a day.
3. Long- lasting outcomes - A minimum timeframe of 3 months is required for the eyes to adjust, after which LASIK results are permanently noticeable in a patient. No follow up procedures are required unless something wrong went with the surgery. The patient will continue to have improved vision unless there is any normal loss due to illness or aging.
4. No need of glasses - You no longer require glasses as your vision turns to normal post-LASIK surgery.
5. Goodbye contact lenses - LASIK surgery will help eliminate the need for contacts. You will be able to avoid all the problems pertaining to wearing a contact lens, including lens solution.
Are you suffering from stress and sleep disorders (Insomnia)? Are you looking for Ayurvedic remedies for improving your sleep? The principles of Ayurveda state that sufficient sleep along with a proper diet, and wise utilization of energy are important for maintaining good health.
According to ayurveda, the vitiation of the three doshas either taken all together or individually may result in to insomnia. All factors, that are responsible for aggravation of vata and pitta ,along with environmental and dietary factors play an important role in sleep disturbances. High vata type of insomnia is caused by Vaata imbalance or mental stress. People, who toss and turn, unable to fall asleep because their mind is spinning, have this disorder. It results with anxiety, worry, and rushed activity during the day. Where as in pitta imbalance there is intermittent awakening. You may fall asleep quickly but wake up frequently with palpitation, body pains, and emotional disturbances such as fear, anger, and sadness. Another pattern is that you wake up before dawn and find it difficult to go back to sleep.
There are certain health principles and ways that you should follow for improving quality of sleep, getting rid of stress and boosting your body’s immune system. They are as follows:
- Maintain a disciplined sleep schedule- You should be very disciplined regarding your sleep. Try to sleep early which gives you the time to sleep throughout the night. Wake up early the next morning. Your mind is stable, slow and dull from 6pm to 10pm. This is a perfect time for getting good sleep.
- Mindful eating- It is recommended for you to have your dinner early between 6.30 to 7 pm. The digestive fire starts cooling down after the sun sets. You can improve your digestion by eating light, early meals. This is beneficial for your sleep quality. While eating, you should avoid doing other activities such as reading books, watching television, or involving yourself in conversations.
- Oil massage- Oil massage therapy is a primary part of Ayurvedic treatment for stress and sleep disorder. Oil massages on your feet are important for improved sleep. There are nerve endings in your feet, which are nourished because of oil massage. Massaging helps in stress relief, makes you feel relaxed, and improves your blood circulation. As a result of all these, your sleep gets drastically improved. You can choose from several herbal oils for massage.
- Pranayama- Pranayama is considered to be very important for improving sleep disorders and stress. Several rounds of alternate nostril breathing or “naadi shodhana pranayama” should be undertaken on a regular basis. This is effective for the mind, and calms down your nervous system. You are bound to get deeper, and longer sleep of high quality.
- Practice self-compassion- You wellness and health depend considerably on a balance among your mind, body and soul. It is important for you to keep away from negative vibes and always try to be present in a positive environment. You should be mindful over who you talk to right before going to sleep. Ideally, you should switch off your mobile, computer, television, and social media activities, two hours before going to sleep.
- Regular exercise- Regular exercise is very important for you to stay healthy and fit physically, which in turn helps you to maintain a healthy state of mind. This is vital for improving sleep disorder and eliminating stress. Keep away from all types of stimulants during the evening so that your sleep is not affected.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Insomnia
The useful herbs for the treatment of insomnia are:-
- Brahmi: It is a powerful brain tonic, which supports and improves all aspects of mental functioning. It is a calming and tranquillising herb. A cup of brahmi tea or powder or any other preparation with brahmi, taken at bedtime, will induce a peaceful sleep and its regular use will help to cure insomnia.
- Vacha: (Acorus calamus) has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of various ailments, such as epilepsy, headache,insomnia etc. it can be taken along with Amla, Brahmi powder at bed time.
- Aswagandha: This is an overall tonic for greater vitality and longevity. It enhances coordination between the mind and senses which, according to Ayurveda, is essential for good sleep. The recommended dose is half teaspoonful of powder taken at night along with sugar+ ghee or warm milk.
- Jatamansi: It has been found to increase levels of neurotransmitters like serotonin. It is a sedative, anti-depressant, and anti-epileptic cardio-tonic and is regarded as one of the most effective remedies for neurosis.
- Valerian: Indian valerian, also known as tagar in Hindi, works on the nerve channels by clearing out toxins from the blood, joints, tissues, colon and nerves. Its basic role is to rejuvenate. However, valerian should not be taken on its own. For, it can have a somewhat dulling effect. It is best used as part of some herbal preparation.
In our fast paced life, a wrong bend or an incorrect posture is quick to trigger a back ache. It can also occur because of reasons like arthritis, improper diet, lack of physical activity, an improper lifting of a heavy object, excessive physical labour or pregnancy. Most white collared professionals are a victim of a sedentary lifestyle where they spend hours on end sitting in the same position. In fact prolonged sitting is also a cause for weight gain, obesity, joint problems, poor health and even premature death.
Our instant reaction is to take a painkiller and get relief from a back ache. But painkillers often come with unwanted side effects and it is best not to take them unless prescribed by a physician. Some of the commonly prescribed painkillers in the market increase your risk to a heart attack by 2 to 4 times, cause cardiovascular problems, gastrointestinal problems, like digestive tract bleeding and even kidney problems. Instead, back ache has several home remedies that can wonders. It will require a little patience but the zero side effect factor and long term relief will eventually be great for you.
Try these herbal and home remedies for backache:
- Internal and external pain relief with Ginger: Ginger has anti-inflammatory compounds that can work well for pain relief. You can start by making Ginger tea. To do this, add 2-3 slices of ginger in half cup boiling water and simmer it for 10 - 15 minutes. You can add honey and drink it 2-3 times a day. You can also add half tea spoon crushed peppercorns and 2-3 cloves to this tea. Adding a dash of black salt helps in improving the taste.
- Harness the power of Basil: Add 10 Basil leaves to a boiling cup of water and continue to boil it until it reduces to half. You can add a dash of salt to this and drink it through the day.
- Home remedies with exercise: Not only should you stretch between long sitting hours, you should also get some back exercise suggested by a physical trainer with expertise in the field.
- Trigger your inner healing by releasing endorphins: Endorphins act as a pain blocking mechanism in the body and doing certain activities you like can help release them. From walking for 20 minutes to aerobics, to yoga to meditation to chiropractic care, you can try whatever makes you happy and calm to trigger your inner healing.
- Garlic: These tiny cloves healing powers are well known for a variety of body ailments including blood pressure. Taking a couple of cloves early in the morning on empty stomach or massaging with garlic oil helps relieve back ache.
ACL Surgery is basically Anterior Cruciate Ligament reconstruction, which is carried out for patients suffering from damaged ligaments which can lead to stiffness, pain and decreased mobility among a host of other symptoms and ailments. This kind of surgery aims at repairing the ACL with the use of grafts taken from other parts of the patient’s body. These grafts are used to replace the damaged ligaments.
Read on to know what you can expect in the recovery phase following an ACL surgery.
- Rehabilitation exercises: The rehabilitation process starts right after the surgery when the patient is given muscle strengthening exercises right after being wheeled back into the room from the operation theatre. These exercises will be given to the patient by the doctor or the physiotherapist who will show the correct way to do them and what all to avoid while doing them. Also, a gradual walking program will be started where the patient will first be helped when it comes to walking indoors, and then taken outdoors to practice walking on more natural terrain. Other motions can also be introduced gradually to exercise.
- Crutches: The patient may be asked to use crutches for a while right after the surgery. This is usually done to ensure that the body and the knees are strong enough to support full weight carriage and bearing without putting pressure on the newly operated region. Full weight bearing usually comes about within ten days after the surgery, and until then the patient is asked to take it easy.
- Knee extension: In the first few weeks after the procedure, the patient will experience swelling or inflammation in the area as well as some amount of trepidation when it comes to using the knee extension. The patient will be asked to do ninety degree knee flexicons before graduating to full knee extension gradually. In this phase, right after the surgery, the patient will also be encouraged to gain back control of the quadriceps as well as patellar mobility.
- Swelling: In the first two to three weeks after the surgery, there will be some amount of swelling. Usually, in the first two weeks after the surgery, the focus is on controlling and preventing any undue swelling and inflammation with elevation and ice.
- Strength and confidence: Once the initial three to four weeks are over, the focus will shift towards strengthening the core muscles with running and jogging for short periods. This will also improve the patient’s confidence in the restructured knee.
Ensure that you have a detailed discussion with your caregiver and orthopaedic specialist so that you are mentally prepared for recovery and rehabilitation.
Off late, stress has started to take a toll on the health of most people. Irrespective of your age, you are burdened with work issues, disputes, household chores and other unplanned work, which comes your way everyday. These are what contribute the most to your stress building on a daily basis. Too much of stress accumulation in your body can be fatal for your health. It would lead to various side effects and disorders. Thus, it is important to treat stress in its earliest stages, lest it develops and degrades your health more.
What Causes Stress?
Stress is a natural reaction to psychological and physical threats. In small doses, stress improves our performance under pressure, helps us stay focused, and protects us from exhaustion. Unfortunately, in today's hectic, achievement-driven world, almost every individual experiences larger doses of stress several times per year. Many of us encounter regular stress-causing situations — negative and positive, large and small events — including job pressure, substantial life changes, promotions, financial hardships, daily hassles, deadlines, and grief over illness and death.
Constant stress causes our inner alarm system to remain turned on too long at a time, and it becomes more and more difficult to shut if off. When not assessed and managed, stress can lead to serious illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure. It also takes a toll on the quality of our life, work, and relationships. Natural homeopathic stress medicines support your body's need to calm down, relax, focus, and avoid agitation and exhaustion.
How can homeopathy help?
To start with, the homeopathic enquiry is a very profound one and very often during a consultation various factors come to light, which may be creating some degree of anxiety or stress in the patient’s life. A discussion as to how they may be overcome, removed or mitigated, can often be very helpful. Discussion itself can be extremely therapeutic. In many cases, the patient is anxious or worried because nobody has taken time to talk to them. The homeopathic physician spends a lot of time with patients. It is however very important that the practitioner should have a sound knowledge of conventional medical diagnosis because during the discussion signs and symptoms of disease which need conventional (sometimes urgent) treatment may emerge and a qualified doctor with a knowledge of diagnosis knows when to refer a patient urgently to the appropriate specialist and is able to do so.
Having carefully assessed the patient, taking into account not only his illness and how he is reacting to it, but his whole make-up, the homeopathic physician then tries to work out the patient’s constitutional remedy. If he succeeds in selecting the right remedy, the patient’s wellbeing, resistance, resilience, general health and ability to cope are enhanced and many stress symptoms can be helped.
Homeopathy has been seen as an effective natural remedy to treat the problems of stress. Many have tried homeopathy as a treatment and have got wonderful results out of it.
Stress Absorber helps mind and body to relax, stabilizes temper, reduces feelings of irritation, and increases a person's need for rest, good food, and good company. The balancing homeopathic ingredients also ease stomach and colicky pains, soothe minor muscle and joint aches, and calm rapid pulse and irregular palpitation.
Stress is an emotional and physical strain caused by one’s response to pressure exerted from the outside world. Long-term stress can sometimes turn into anxiety and cause an array of behavioural, mental and emotional symptoms. Constant stress increases blood pressure as well as the risk of a stroke. It can also increase the danger of heart attacks, particularly if anger and mistrust is involved. It triggers addictive behaviours that contribute to death and disability, such as smoking, alcoholism, drug abuse, and overeating.
Addictive habits and superficial attempts to change one’s lifestyle may not work in severe cases of anxiety or stress because they fail to address the root issues that lead to symptoms. Homeopathy, on the other hand, is one of the best ways to address underlying issues and ultimately remove stress and anxiety, which in turn brings physical health if the remedy is prescribed professionally.
Having beautiful nails is not necessary only for looking good, but they need to be clean for health purposes too. Just like your skin and hair, you need to take care of them so that they are healthy looking. They are exposed to environment and there are many ways by which your nails get damaged. Thus, here are a few tips that are easy to follow to keep your nails look great and keep them healthy!
- Care for your cuticles: During a manicure avoid trimming your cuticles. They are meant to be the barrier for bacteria and when you cut them, it may result in painful infections. With the help of a cuticle pusher, you may moisten them and push them back, but do not cut them totally. Even when you are having a conventional manicure make sure that you protect your cuticles by dabbing some olive or almond oil so that the reaction of chemicals that come in contact with your skin becomes minimum.
- Use moisturizer: Even your nails need to be moisturized and hence while you rub lotion on your hands put some of it on your nail and cuticles too. By using hand wash regularly you tend to dry your nail bed. Thus, after every wash, it is necessary that you use some moisturizer. If possible, use some coconut oil for rubbing on your nails. You can use cuticle cream too and rubbing that every day on your cuticles will help in keeping them moisturized.
- Provide nutrients to your nails: Yes, even your nails need nutrients to be healthy. Take biotin that is also referred as vitamin H. Studies reveals that it helps in preventing nails from becoming brittle. It may not grow your nails faster, but it provides the necessary support to your nails so that they do not split, crack or tear away.
- Wear gloves to protect your nails: Make it a practice to wear gloves while you are working with detergents, whether during dishwashing or anything else. Detergents have harsh chemicals that will leach away nutrients and moisture from your nails. Thus, it’s better to protect before than taking care later. “Prevention is better than cure” you know!
- Avoid using harsh polish: In nail polishes, you will find toxic chemicals like toluene, dimethyl, dibutyl phthalate, and camphor, diethyl phthalates, and formaldehyde. These nail polishes are dangerous for health. Instead try alternatives that do not contain such chemicals and are easy on your nails. Before you purchase them read the label carefully.
After following all these, if still you are not satisfied with the quality or health of your nails, it is better to get advice from an expert.
Scabies is a type of a skin condition that is characterized by itching and rashes. This dermatological condition is caused by sarcoptes scabiei, a type of microscopic mite. A contagious condition, scabies spreads through physical contact. It usually transmits through clothes, towels, sexual contact and other such ways.
Symptoms: Some of the symptoms of the conditions are severe itching, narrow irregular burrow tracks, which look like blisters or bumps on your skin. The burrow tracks generally appear in the folds of the skin. The common sites of the condition are between the fingers, armpits, around the waist, soles of your feet, knees, shoulder blades etc.
Complications: Some of the complications of the condition are:
- Severe scratching can lead to damaged and reddened skin, which in severe cases can start to bleed.
- Vigorous scratching, which can break your skin and can cause a secondary infection such as impetigo. This superficial skin infection is usually caused by the staphylococci bacteria.
- Crusted scabies, the most severe form of scabies, can be common in certain groups. People suffering from diseases such as HIV or leukemia who have weakened immune systems as well as severely ill people have high risks of contracting this condition. This condition, also known as Norwegian scabies, is very contagious and also hard to cure.
Some of the risk factors of scabies are:
- An infected person can easily pass scabies to his/her household or sexual partners. Scabies in adults is usually sexually acquired.
- The likelihood of scabies increases easily under crowded conditions, which involve close body and skin contact. Nursing homes, prisons, and several types of care facilities are sites of scabies outbreaks.
- Scabies spreads through direct, prolonged skin-to-skin contact with a person who has mites.
- Immunocompromised, elderly and disabled people also suffer from an increased likelihood of contracting this skin condition.
Premature ejaculation can be cured easily, if identified at an early stage and all it requires is the complete cooperation from the person affected. As this is a delicate condition for any person to talk freely or openly about their sexual problem with others. But an open mind and real intention to overcome this issue is much essential criteria to cure the premature ejaculation for any men. Though the causes differ from one individual to other the remedial measures can be utilized by all.
Top five methods to cure premature ejaculation
- Squeeze method: Squeeze is a simple and effective method to treat premature ejaculation. The tip of the penis is held tightly when the person gets the feel to ejaculation with slight pressure so as to create the closure of the urethral opening from expelling the semen. Regular practicing of this method cause to extent the time of ejaculation gradually.
- Start and stop method: In this method the stop acts as a reference for the sexual act when the person feels the temptation to ejaculate. They are advised to divert them self with any other topic like sports and give a pause to sexual desires. This helps to retain your ejaculation and increases the withholding capacity of the individual.
- Exercises: Kegel’s exercise helps to strengthen the perineal muscles and increases the capacity of the muscle to sustain the erection and hold the semen for long duration of time. Any exercise that works on the perineal muscles is helpful to cure premature ejaculation.
- Diet and life style changes: Healthy food habit is much essential for healthy living. Increase the intake of milk, nuts, cereals, fishes that are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and bananas as they are responsible for increasing the sex hormone level in your body. Life style changes include quitting smoking, alcohol and narcotic drug abuse. Daily regular exercise for at least 30 minutes helps to keep physically fit and active.
- Trying different position: Change in the regular position with different other positions like female superior, doggy style, knees position and side to side position are best helpful for premature ejaculation. This position causes minimal strain over the penis and thereby delays the ejaculation of the semen.
The skin is the largest organ that covers the human body from top to toe. It is also most susceptible when it comes to myriad infections and conditions that can range from mild and temporary to extreme and permanent. Seborrheic Dermatitis is a condition that produces red and itchy patches on the skin as well as flaky scales on the scalp. It may stem from an allergic reaction like eczema. Read on to know more about the condition.
This condition can be found at any age. It may be found in infants and in elderly people as well. The main causes of the condition include stress and even your genetic make-up. The hereditary factors also play a major role in conditions like these. This condition may be caused by the yeast that feasts on the skin and causes sores. Additionally, it may be caused as a side effect of certain medicines and other medical conditions. Many patients experience this condition when the weather is cold and dry.
Seborrheic Dermatitis may be caused by oily skin that can lead to excessive acne and other such eruptions. Depression and eating disorders can also result in this condition as a painful symptom. Patients who are HIV positive can experience this condition as a symptom.
The symptoms of this condition may vary from mild to extreme. Dandruff, cradle cap for babies, etc. are some of the main symptoms. This condition can cause eruptions around the face and neck as well as the navel and buttocks areas. It may also be seen in the folds of the skin like armpits and below the breasts. Scaling and redness are the main signs and symptoms that point towards the presence of Seborrheic Dermatitis. Inflammation may or may not occur. If it is associated with cradle cap, then there may not necessarily be any related inflammation.
There have been many instances where a mild flare up may end up healing on its own without any medication or medical intervention. In such cases, you can actually try some home-based treatment like ice packs. Good skin care and hygiene will also ensure that the condition clears up on its own, yet one should be prepared to see eruptions for a year at a time. Coal tar and zinc are some of the most commonly used elements in the medication that can be prescribed by a dermatologist. Anti-fungal products and a mild shampoo for babies can also be used in order to successfully treat this condition. Steroids may be required in order to successfully treat Seborrheic Dermatitis, if it becomes too extreme and difficult to contain.
Depression is a very common disease and affects every aspect of your life including your physical relation to your partner. Depression and some antidepressants curb sexual drive. This has a negative effect on the depression as sex releases 'happy hormones'. Thus, depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body. Women are more likely to suffer from a reduced libido as an effect of depression.
When it comes to depression and your sex life, there is no universal form of treatment. However, it is important not to stop treatment for depression in fear of a lowered libido. The sexual side effects can be addressed later.
Here are a few things you can do to improve your Sex life:
Ask your doctor to adjust medication
In cases where the antidepressant curbs libido, lowering or adjusting the drug dosage can be a solution to treat the depression without curbing sexual desire. Do not attempt to adjust your medication on your own. Your doctor may also change the drug to another that does not affect your sex drive. You could also try adjusting the schedule of drug intake such that you medicate yourself after sex. Alternatively, you could ask your doctor to prescribe medication such as Viagra to boost your libido.
If your curbed libido is an effect of the depression itself, antidepressants may help you enjoy sex more. You should know that anti depressants can take a few months to have an effect.
Break the pattern
Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships.
Talk to your partner
Having an open conversation with your partner is key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.