Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am a forty five year old man. I have cholesterol from last year. I tried exercising, dieting, stopped eating fatty foods and many more things. But my cholesterol is not becoming low. Please give me a solution for this.
I am college going student. I have some heart related issues. For example, my heart beat is sometimes get faster, I feel anxiety and often sweat heavily. During warm weather I feel heart burn. My palm also sweat sometimes. I can feel sweating on my palms. I have gone for ecg check. In which my heart rate is fast. But blood pressure ok. Will I have to go for some other test?
I am having anxiety problem from past few months. Whenever unfavorable situation comes I feel uncomfortable, having some pain in chest area, have uneasy breathing, & feel GHABRAHAT. Most of the time I feel nervous, tired and not willing to work on anything. I tried but not able to perform meditation, exercise. Please suggest some medicine which improves this situation and give me confidence to work in all odd situation.
My wife is 56. Sugar test results Morning fast - 92 After food - 159. What precautions should she take. Do's & Don'ts on what food to have and what fruits to have.
My triglycerides are 230 mg/dl. Presently using novastst 10. Shall I continue or any valued suggestion.?
Is hypertension also be considered as a cause unhealthy heart. If a patient is having BP with 130/90 or even slightly higher, is it a must to take a drug and if so, what is the drug of choice and dosage recommended?
What is the normal blood pressure level and is it considered low if blood pressure reading is 101/60.
I get severe abdominal pains and low bp after physical workout and same pains are experienced during mensuration. Are these pains related?
• Lifestyle interventions have effects similar to single drug therapy.
• Combinations of two (or more) lifestyle modifications can achieve even better results.
• Maintain normal body weight. A reduction of 5–20 mmHg of BP can be achieved for every 10 kg weight loss.
• Consume a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and low fat dairy products with a reduced content of saturated and total fat. It can reduce a blood pressure of 8–14 mmHg.
• Reduce dietary sodium intake to no more than 100 mmol per day (2.4 g sodium or 6 g sodium chloride). It can alone reduce blood pressure by 2–8 mmHg.
• Do regular aerobic physical activity such as brisk walking (at least 30 min per day, most days of the week). It can alone reduce blood pressure by 4–9 mmHg.
• Limit consumption of alcohol to no more than 2 drinks (1 oz or 30 mL ethanol; e.g., 24 oz beer, 10 oz wine, or 3 oz 80–proof whiskey) per day in most men and to no more than 1 drink per day in women and lighter weight persons. It can alone reduce blood pressure by 2–4 mmHg.
I hav severe pain on my right side of chest and same bak side pain also. And heaviness of chest in my right side. Wat was da cause for this? And vat treatment I should tak for this.
Is pulse rate of 114/min is normal one. have systolic of 150mmhg and diastolic of 131mmhg. Im I healthy.
Some foods punch well above their weight in helping to reduce cholesterol levels, we call them 'Cholesterol busters'. Choosing a healthy diet, low in saturated fat is important in helping to keep your cholesterol low but you can reduce your cholesterol levels further by including these super six foods in your everyday diet
- Soya Foods: Being naturally low in saturated fat, soya foods help lower cholesterol. The special proteins in soya also appear to influence how the body regulates cholesterol too. Studies show you can lower your cholesterol by around 6% by including as little as 15g soya protein per day. Choose from: soya alternatives to milk and yogurt, soya desserts, soya meat alternatives, soya nuts, edamame beans and tofu.
- Nuts: All nuts are rich in vegetable protein, fibre, heart healthy unsaturated fats, vitamin E, magnesium, potassium, natural plant sterols and a host of beneficial plant nutrients. 30-35g a day of nuts (a handful) has the potential to lower cholesterol by an average of 5%.
- Oats and Barley: Both oats and barley are rich in a form of soluble fibre called beta glucan. Once eaten beta glucan forms a gel which helps bind cholesterol in the intestines and prevent it from being absorbed. It is recommended that we eat about 3g of beta glucan per day. Foods which contain 1g or more of beta glucan can carry a cholesterol lowering claim.
- Foods fortified with plant sterols and stanols: Plant sterols are structurally similar to cholesterol and can be divided into sterols and stanols. Their cholesterol lowering effects have been known for some time. Plant sterols/stanols are naturally found in a wide range of foods such as vegetable oils, nuts, seeds, whole grains, fruits and vegetables. However, for most people, it is not possible to achieve the optimum intake from ordinary foods.
- Fruits and vegetables: All fruits and vegetables are low in saturated fat so eating more helps to keep saturated fat intake low. Fruit and vegetables are also a valuable source of cholesterol lowering soluble fibres. Try to include at least one pulse (beans, peas, lentils) everyday. Other rich sources of soluble fibre include sweet potato, aubergene, okra (ladies finger), broccoli, apples, strawberry and prunes.
- Foods rich in unsaturated fats: Keeping our daily saturated fat intake below 20g (women) and 30g (men) is vital for cholesterol lowering, but it is equally important to replace this saturated fat with modest amounts of unsaturated fats such as those found in olive, sunflower, corn, rapeseed and other vegetable, nut and seed oils. Other foods rich in unsaturated fats include vegetable spreads, avocado, oily fish and nuts. Avoid coconut and palm oil as, unlike other these vegetable oils, they are rich in saturated fats.
Sir, I m regularly having alcohol for a long time. But now I feeling asleep disorder pain in my head all-day and in my upper portion of head and eyes stretching and pain in it, most important that I m feeling that my heart is weak and when I lay down it beats very fast and some time slow. I can feel it in my head. What should I do? please suggest me some medicine.
Hi I am 52 years old, I suffering acute mi last 15 years. Ist time in 2001 I got by vascular block & got rescue after ptca/stant to cad doe at heart reserch centre, hyderabad, nampalli, again same thing repeated after 6 months again sae ptca/stant to cad done at preambore, chennai. Doctor advised to continue medice. But last three years I have not taken any medicine. Simply I hane taken drinks before dinner byweely. Now feeled ok. Weather I am right or wrong
Dears, I'm underweight, male, age- 29, weight- 50 height- 169 cm. I have a fainting while standing, some times nausea, due to low bp. What are the dangers of low bp. Stress can reduce bp? Can I increase my weight upto 69 KGS?
Hypertension or high blood pressure in common parlance is caused by irregular blood circulation in the blood vessels. High blood pressure has been an established cause for several fatal and critical heart diseases. Middle aged individuals are more prone to heart diseases caused by high blood pressure. Doctors also caution those with stressful lifestyles to keep the blood pressure levels in control. While there are prescribed drugs aimed at curing high blood pressure troubles, a large number of people are reposing their trust in homeopathy for treating high blood pressure.
Among a long drawn process of cures, homeopathic treatments are extremely effective and trustworthy methods:
- Aconitum: Certain high blood pressure conditions have sudden outbursts. It inflicts a fear of dying and acute anxiety disorder. Aconitum abates such situations.
- Argentum Nitricum: At times high blood pressure occurs due to anxiety and mental agitations. Argentum Nitricum is an effective remedy in curing such conditions.
- Natrum Muriaticum: Certain high blood pressure conditions arise due to suppressed anger and stress. Harrowing events of the past and unsolved issues can induce heightened blood pressure levels. Natrum Muriaticum is a perfect solution for such troubles.
- Veratum Viride: Veratum Viride helps in reducing arterial tension and normalizing cardiac palpitations.
- Natural Supplements: For a variety of ailments caused by high blood pressure, homeopathy offers certain natural supplements like Co enzyme, Hawthorne, Omega-3, Vitamin E for remedying blood pressure concerns. It improves heart function and prevents blood clotting.
- Ignatia: To heal high blood pressure caused by emotional upsurges, grief and trauma, Ignatia can be perceived as a useful remedy.
- Belladonna: This is an emergency medical condition caused by vigorous throbbing of arteries which may progress to haemorrhaging. Belladonna goes a long way in taming such untoward medical emergencies.
- Lachesis: Certain bodily changes result in high blood pressure, especially in the cases of women. During the onset of menopause, high blood pressure becomes a common concomitant. Lachesis is used to treat such issues.
- Glonoinum: On certain occasions blood pressure level shoots up due to heat and excess exposure to the sun. Glonoinum is aimed at controlling the blood pressure levels in those situations.