Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Niramaya Ayurved CentreYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Richa Sharma Khare to be very helpful. Thank you doctor
Cinnamon is usually seen as a condiment added to almost any kind of dish to make it flavourful. But no dish in this world has ingredients which do not benefit the eater nutritionally. Cinnamon has been used for a long time in Ayurvedic medicines. It is a natural ingredient which keeps people healthy and nourished.
There are several benefits of consuming cinnamon some of them are explained below.
- Antioxidants: Polyphenol is one such antioxidant that is present in cinnamon. In fact, a study has shown that out of twenty-six natural ingredients which contain this property, cinnamon has emerged as a clear winner, even leaving behind garlic. It is also the antioxidant-rich property of cinnamon which makes it a well-known preservative. Thus apart from adding flavour, and having anti oxidant properties, cinnamon also preserves the food for a longer time.
- Anti-inflammatory: This is one of the most important properties of cinnamon. This helps in fighting diseases and keeps infections and diseases causing germs at bay.
- Helps in controlling heart diseases: Diabetes is one of the main causes of heart disease. However, it can be kept in control by controlling cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels. This can be effectively done by cinnamon. Thus by controlling diabetes and increasing good cholesterol in the body, cinnamon actually reduces the risk of getting heart diseases.
- Reduces insulin resistance: Insulin is an important element in the body. It controls hormonal and even blood sugar levels in the body. However, there are many people who have resistance to insulin. This actually is a serious issue which can give rise to diabetes and various other problems. However, a minimal intake of cinnamon everyday reduces the risk of being insulin resistant and helps the body to accept insulin more readily.
- Lowers blood sugar level: After mentioning how cinnamon makes insulin more acceptable in the body, it is important to highlight the other factors which are controlled by this ingredient which helps in maintaining a balanced sugar level in the body. First, it regulates the glucose entering the body. Second, cinnamon is made of a particular type of compound which can act as a substitute for insulin.
- Cancer: Till date, even after heavy research and tests, cancer has no definite cure. But theory has it that there are many natural preventive measures which can be taken against this deadly disease- consumption of cinnamon being one of them.
Thus, these are some of the main advantages of consuming Cinnamon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
In an incredibly fast paced and unhealthy lifestyle of the modern world, irregular menses aren’t exactly an unusual situation. The length of a monthly cycle may either last longer than usual or end earlier than usual, only to begin in a short while again, accompanied by greater abdominal pain and blood loss. Irregular cycles may vary from 8 to 21 days or more. The variation of 21 days or more is considered highly irregular and abnormal. A woman may face some menstrual irregularities at both ends of menstrual life, (onset- menarche and end of cycle- menopause) which is normal and in most of the cases, it is self-establishing.
Causes of Irregular Menstrual Cycle:
The cause of irregularities in menstrual cycle is basically hormone imbalance. The altered levels in the body lead to irregular cycles. There are many factors in routine life which affect hormonal balance. Some of them are:
- Poor diet or wrong dietary habits
- Stress and anxiety, thoughts and emotions
- Lifestyle: Lack of physical activity and exercise, too much physical exertion, stress and strain during menses.
- Illness: Long-term illness like fever, tuberculosis, thyroid problem etc.
- Medication: Certain medicine if taken for a long time, like oral contraceptive pills, hormonal therapy etc., alters hormonal balance.
- Imbalance of Tridosha (vatta, pitta and kapha) in body, leads to irregularities of reproductive system.
As per Ayurveda, Vatta is the main culprit in menstrual irregularities.
How To Deal With Menstrual Irregularities:
With the sudden acceptance of eastern concepts of yoga and organic and indigenous medicines around the world, Ayurveda has gained importance in treating irregular menses, gynecological and obstetric problems.
- Lifestyle and Food- There is no alternative for lifestyle and food habits correction. Eating healthy and nutritious food, regular exercise, yoga, physical activity, outdoor games lead to good physical health.
- Meditation and Breathing: Exercise is good for taming hormones. It keeps a person physical and mentally healthy.
- Avoid heavy physical work during menses.
- A good oil massage over body keeps Vatta in balance (one of the important tridoshas of body: vatta, pitta and kapha).
Ayurveda has proven to be much helpful in regulating the menstrual cycles. According to certain studies, Ayurveda came in rather handy while tackling PCOS, a disease distressing 1 in 3 women today. It is certain that Ayurveda medicines work better in certain scenarios and definitely have fewer risks in comparison to allopathic medicines and surgeries. Over a period of time, they have proven much more beneficial in overcoming the irregular menses and the irritation along with the accompanying pain and PMS symptoms. Ayurvedic medicines use herbs and roots and almost everything found in nature to discover a rather organic cure for diseases. Certain plants like Shatavari are used to reduce the much spoken about mood swings or PMS symptoms during periods which can only worsen in case of an irregularity. The bark of the Ashoka tree has proven to be quite helpful in relieving menstrual pain and excessive bleeding. Other plants and their parts like the Lodhra, Guggul, Guduchi and Amlaki, Jatamansi etc. are useful in regulating periods and reducing the stress and irritation accompanied by it.
Panchkarma- Basti therapy (Enema- administration of medicines through rectal route). In this treatment, decoction of different herbs and medicated oils are used for giving enema. Basti has proven its efficacy since centuries, for treating Vatta. A course of 5, 8, 15, 30 or 60 basti, as per person’s requirement can be given for menstrual problems. Irregular periods, although are faced by a large chunk of women, pose different symptoms for different people and hence individualized treatment is advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
As indicated by Ayurveda, good digestion, solid “agni” (the metabolic flame), quality functioning of the liver and an adjusted endocrine framework result in strong immunity. Immunity of the human body is said to be associated to an entity called “ojas” which is believed to be the subtle and positive essence of “kapha” an aspect which provides the body with vigour, strength, immunity and vitality. The general notion is that stronger the Agni, healthier the “ojas”, although other factors play a major role too. Therefore, it becomes important to protect your “ojas”. Protection of 'ojas' is possible when you are able to live in the present with pure and complete awareness. A number of ways to promote “ojas” and thereby, develop your immunity are listed below:
- Diet: Agni is bolstered by a dietary routine that minimizes refined sugars, stimulants and processed foods. The focus must be shifted to consumption of whole and healthy foods while maintaining a proper schedule. Inclusion of garlic, ginger, black pepper, long pepper, cinnamon, asafoetida in the diet is advised as it destroys poisons and bad bacteria, kindles Agni, promotes normal body temperature maintenance and eliminates the extra kapha.
- Get adequate sleep: It is proven that sleep deprivation in humans can cause a total loss of the immune functions of the body. Thus, it becomes mandatory to adopt a balanced sleeping schedule where the minimum duration to be regularly maintained is 8 hours.
- Exercise: Appropriate exercise discharges collected strain, moves stagnant emotional and mental energy, enhances circulation, encourages proper elimination, improves digestion, supports sound sleep and promotes relaxation in the body. All these contribute to a healthy maintenance of the immune system. Adversely, improper exercise can prove to be damaging.
- Meditation and yoga: The different types of Ayurvedic practices, each having a different set of benefits, are advised to be adapted so that you can sustain immunity. Some of these practices include yoga, pranayama, meditation, etc.
- Herbal support: Different types of herbs in the Ayurvedic tradition, each having an affinity for a certain type of tissue, are capable of supporting the immune system. The advisable herbal supports include chyavanprash, turmeric, ginger, Tulsi, Shatavatri, Ashwagandha, turmeric, tulsi, trifla, giloy, Bronchial Support Herbal Syrup, Immune Support tablets, etc.
- Regular detoxification: Regular detoxification (by Panchkarma procedures) of body as advised in Ayurveda , keeps basic body doshas ( Vats, pitta, kapha) in balance.
- Rejuvenation therapy- After detoxification certain ayurvedic drugs, herbs are given for a long duration for rejuvenation, longevity of life, immunity boosting. It also prevents and cure diseases.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.
With the increase in environmental pollution, professional work load, proliferating stress, unhealthy lifestyle choices and general dietary indiscipline, the incidence of lifestyle diseases like hypertension, diabetes, obesity and cardiovascular diseases has increased manifold over the last two decades.
Other commonly occurring lifestyle diseases include depression, joint pain, fatigue, arthritis, metabolic disorders, early degenerative changes, early aging, respiratory diseases and gynaecological disorders. Nearly all of them can be traced back to improper ingestion and nutrition, lack of calmness and focus, constant feeling of agitation, listlessness or jitteriness, sedentary or workaholic professional life, or inadequacy of physical exercise and leisure time.
Ayurveda and its many uses have since then become important remedial procedures that more and more people are adopting to salvage their health. Its holistic view towards physiological and mental development has brought it to the forefront of non-medicinal remedies for various ailments and general malaise.
Ayurveda also brings about visible psychological and spiritual changes in the subject, thus securing an all round development in one’s lifestyle.
With proper and suitable lifestyle advice, dietary restrictions and daily-activity management, Ayurveda solves problems that people normally seek to solve with allopathic drugs. Not only is it more effective, Ayurveda therapies and treatments have zero to negligible side effects. The same can however not be said for pharmaceutical drugs.
Panchakarma treatment is among the most popular of Ayurveda therapies and it is a rigorous process of detoxification and purification. It suggests and expects you to follow renewed diet charts and exercise routines even after the treatment is technically over.
Other rejuvenation therapies include Rasayana, Dinacharya, Ritucharya that also help in bettering your lifestyle.
These treatments help to keep your body-weight in check, hypertension at bay and enable you to be lighter, freer and happier in general.
It assists in dealing with stress, anxiety, tension, agitation, irritability and misery in a healthier manner.
Once you overcome these symptoms of decadent lifestyle that is all around us today, you will automatically rise above crippling lifestyle diseases better than others.
I have back pain when I was playing in ground. There is minor pain but when I run or jump my back pains.
Sir meri wife ka 29 june 2016 C SECTION HUA tha aur ab unko frequent urination ho raha tha sath hi urine me cheete chitia bhi lag rahi thi sath hunger and thirs bhi jyada lag rahi thi mene glucometer se fasting blood glucose check karaya aur 96 aaya joki normal hai aur mene urine ka bhi test karay bo bhi normal yani no infection and abnormality ab sir batay ki ye urination kyo ho raha hai aur kyo urin me chitia lag rahi hai kya mujhe Hb1C karwana chahia.
Hi My last period date was 13th September And our sex date were 19th and 21th but after 4 days I failed breast pain, morning sickness, and some other symptoms also. But. I test pregnancy through test kit result is negative .and Yesterday that mean 28th Sept again exists period .it happens first time that within 15 days again period. So now my question are 1) what's the cause of period within 15 days? 2) please tell me is it a sign of negative pregnancy result or miscarriage?
Actually according to my body my face looks very big gollu mole type of I am a sports person so my body is fit but my face is big like golgappa so please help me with this bcoz with this I look very mature and looks elder to my sister but that's not the truth so please help me out give me medicines or anytime or any exercise to reduce the size of face thanks.
Hello, 29 year old female here. Completely virgin. Done urine basic & culture tests as well as complete blood count. Everything is normal. But don't understand why there is a strong foul odour to my urine. I maintain a very good hygiene. Even not sexually active at all. The smell is very bad & strong in nature that I will very embarrassed. What can be d reason behind this? Need to get rid of it immediately. Its bothering me a lottttt.
The skin is the first organ, which shows the signs of ageing. Whether it is wrinkles or stretch marks the first signs will be shown on the skin. Stretch marks are not only the cause of ageing, but also form due to obesity, sudden increase in height, sudden weight loss or gain, etc. You might often think of how to get rid of these marks as they aren't attractive and make the skin look old.
Here are a few ayurvedic remedies to get rid of stretch marks:
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is a wonderful type of cleanser and moisturizer. Olive oil cures the damaged collagen of the skin. It also helps to increase the blood flow to the surface of the skin.
- Cocoa butter: Cocoa butter can be used as a moisturizer. It helps to improve the elasticity of the skin. By hydrating the skin, it also improves the appearance of the skin. Besides cocoa butter, you can also use almond oil, vitamin E oil and lavender oil.
- Aloe vera gel: Aloe Vera has a variety of uses for the body. In the case of stretch marks, aloe vera gel helps lighten the stretch marks. This will eventually result in complete disappearance of the stretch marks.
- Sesame oil: Mix Sesame oil with pure olive and almond oil and massage it gently over stretch marks area, this will help lighten the marks on skin.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood helps the skin to cool down. It also improves the elasticity of the skin.
- Potato Juice: Potato juice contains a lot of antioxidants, which help to soothe the skin and remove stretch marks.
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa has a huge amount of vitamin K, vitamin E and amino acids. These help in curing damaged collagen in the skin which is the prime cause of stretch marks.
- Castor Oil: Castor oil helps to stimulate collagen and elastin production. It also helps the damaged tissues regain their original shape. It also helps the skin to return to its original position after suffering from stretching.
Apart from the above mentioned oils, regular yoga asanas, stretching exercises, nutritious diet, and a wholesome meal is a must for your skin nourishment.