B.Sc. - Dietitics / Nutrition, CAFE, MMM, M.Sc - Dietitics / Nutrition, Nutrition Certification, PGCDE, PhD
Causes of Acne & Pimples
During puberty clogged hair follicle i.e. pore in the skin blocked due to oil production in the sebaceous glands& also accumulation of bacteria, dirt increases small pustules or blisters on the face or other parts of the body. As per studies & observation girls, young ladies are suffering more than boys. During pregnancy as well as after child birth females are prone to this problem.Here small pustules are pimples & big or bigger are acne. Acne usually improves around the age of 16 years but may persist into adulthood.
Acne causes depression
Acne causes some oily tendencies on the sites & severe psychological distress that affect mood, lowers self-esteem, anxiety, depression, and even up to suicidal thoughts. Every one does not show his or her face publicly or at friend or peer circles due to some unwanted comments or suggestions & advises.
There are some common factors or reasons why these happens ??
Several hormones are responsible for pimples, acne, like the androgens testosterone, dihydrotestosterone (DHT) dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEA-S) as well as insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) and growth hormone (HGH)
Some common causes
Acne is mostly seen genetically or in connection with heredity. Apart from these the below mentioned causes are assumed to be the common causes.
1. Constipation may be for chronic cases .
2. Hormonal imbalance during the young ages like Estrogens Progesterone, Adrenalin ,Testosterone, Thyroid Stimulating Hormones as all above already mentioned specifically.
3. Lack of or insufficient water & fluids.
4. Very high consumption of fried foods, rich spicy foods, street foods some junk, fast foods etc,
5. Malnutrition may be due to over or under nutrition.
6. Lack of fibre rich foods (like whole grains, wheat, brown breads, brown rice or more)
7. Lack of Vegetables ,Greens ,gourd family all vegetables,
8. Oily skins or usage of excess facial creams ,improper moisturiser by girls mainly, even boys are also seen at teenage period.
9. Alcohol & smoking addictions
10. Lack or insufficiency of Vitamin –C .i.e citrus fruits, Vitamin A & E.
11.During pregnancy due some changes of biological/physical.
12. Irregular periods .i.e Menstruation cycle.
13. High level stress, working pressure, un timely meals & pollution .
Now you check where are the problems lying behind for you.
Best Solutions by Diet at home
1. Consumption of all fibre rich foods,
2. Fruits like guava,Orange, Musambi, all berries, pears Cucumber, all whole fruits mainly.
3. Plenty of vegetables ,take all gourd family vegetables like bitter gourds, snake gourds,beet roots, carrots, capsicum ,spinach ,greens as roughage.
4. No problems with milk or dairy products but yes, some persons are allergic may visible even for any particular food may seen.
5. Sufficient water, no stress, strains but normal life styles,
6.Early morning rising & mild exercises,
7. Should not suffering from chronic Constipation.
8. No fast, junk, allergic, foods, Street, unhygenic foods to eat. No spicy, rich spicy foods,
9 .Good nutritive foods, balanced diet, timely eating but no skipping meals, no skipping breakfast also.
10.Frequent meals not heavy, but small meals mostly fibres based.
11.Take water after 5 minutes of each meal except emergency demand.
12. Acne can be improved with the use of any combined oral contraceptive pill at post marriage birth control stage preferably under a doctor’s supervision.
13.Most importantly a low-glycemic-index i.e. low-glycemic-load diet is recommended as a dietary method of improving acne.
Do not press or squeeze acne or pimples as these will keep very bad looking scars on face for ever in your rest of your life.
Thanks & prevention is better than cure