A condition in which a person loses hair from the head or anywhere else in the body is referred to as Hair loss/ Alopecia. Hair loss may result in a person due to the deficiency of iron in the body or as a side effect of treatments like chemotherapy and radiotherapy or autoimmune diseases like alopecia areata or due to fungal infections. Thinning crow, wider parting are some visible symptoms. While other symptoms include dandruff, skin lesions, scarring, cystic acne. While hair loss can be managed by surgeries and medications, it can be concealed with the use of wigs, toupees, caps or hats.
HOW IS HAIR LOSS DIAGNOSED?
High dosage of vitamin A can lead to hair loss.
A very common problem by which most people get affected is hair loss. It just not affects your scalp but can also affect your body. Men, women and even children can suffer from hair loss. Hormonal changes, heredity or certain drugs and medications are some of the reasons for hair loss. Alopecia, the medical term for hair loss, has the following signs and symptoms:
• Gradual thinning of the hair from the scalp
• Bald spots
• Loosening of hair
• Body hair loss
Who does not want long and beautiful hair? Listed below are some of the tips on how to stop hair fall.
• Determine your problem first
• Try to find out how much hair you are losing while brushing your hair and the prominent areas of thinning
• Visit the general physician once to check if you are having any other medical conditions
• Never comb your hair while it's wet
• Use a wide toothed comb for detangling your locks
• Rub your hair gently with towel and not too vigorously
• Lastly, keep your comb and towel clean
Sometimes parlour treatments can do more harm to your hair than good. Moreover they are really expensive and time consuming. So it is always preferable to opt for home remedies for hair growth. Following are some of the home remedies for hair growth that can work wonders.
1. Hot oil massage- coconut, olive, jojoba, almond, canola, etc. are some of the best source of hair oils. What you need to do is heat the oil and gently massage it on your scalp and hair. Repeat this at least twice a week for the best results. The massage will improve blood flow to the hair follicles, enhance the roots of the hair and also conditions your locks. Hot oil treatment is one of the very effective home remedies for hair growth.
2. Fenugreek- Methi or fenugreek is extremely beneficial in treating alopecia. These seeds contain proteins and nicotinic which helps enhance hair growth.
3. Onion juice- Because of its high sulphur content, onion juice helps regenerating hair follicles, decreased inflammation and also improve blood circulation to the hair. Onion juice containing some anti-bacterial properties also helps in killing germs and treat scalp infections.
4. Aloe Vera- The alkalizing properties in aloe Vera helps maintain the hair’s PH level which promotes hair growth. Regular use can reduce inflammation and redness and add shine and strength to the hair.
5. Using the shampoo and conditioner that suits your hair type- always choose a shampoo that matches with your hair type and texture. Do not forget to apply a conditioner every time you shampoo your hair.
Some other hair growth tips are as follows:
• Practice meditation. This will help you relieve from tension and stress and in turn prevent hair fall. It also restore the hormonal balance and promote hair growth
• Avoid any kind of chemical treatments, ironing, blow drying and colouring which might lead to hair fall
• Eat healthy
• Exercise regularly
• Stick to natural home remedies
Lybrate offers you a chance to find the top trichologists in Gurgaon, Indore, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Lucknow etc.