How your hair loss or baldness is completely reversible (non-surgically)
Having deeply researched hair loss, I have devised a solution to promote hair growth. I would like to share with you how it happens in two parts.
Here's part 1
Is your hair fall normal or abnormal (excessive)?
Average daily normal hair fall is 100-150 and anything above that are considered abnormal hair fall.
What causes abnormal hair fall?
Males: males pattern hair loss (most common cause), telogen effluvium, stress, smoking, etc.
Females: chronic telogen effluvium (most common cause), female pattern hair loss, pregnancy-induced, stress, due to medicines like cancer therapy, cosmetic procedures - straightening, rebonding etc,
How does hair loss affect us?
- Destroys looks and confidence
- Affects social life
- Causes inferiority complex
What are effective and scientifically proven treatments for hair loss?
- Minoxidil, amenexil tablets
- Finasteride, dutasteride
- Hair transplant, scalp reduction surgery
- Platelet rich plasma (prp), dermaroller (microneedling)
Apart from this, multivitamins, stem cell therapy and various other treatments done have no scientific proof for giving best results.
What is the best non-surgical treatment?
'innovative prp' with derma roller is by far the most effective (research method by Dr. Jeetendra khatuja).
What is prp?
Platelet-rich plasma (prp); an autologus solution (made with patient's own blood) hence it is completely safe and with no side effects. Prp is an effective concentration of multiple growth factors (present in platelets like pdgf, vegf, egf, etc) which stimulate hair follicles to grow.
How does prp work?
Prp contains a high concentration of special cells called platelets (with multiple growth factors) in prp stimulate roots of hair follicles to promote hair re-growth.
During hair loss, the length and diameter of hair reduce and hair enter a 'resting stage' or 'arrested growth stage'. When an enough number of hair enter this stage, scalp becomes visible producing 'baldness'.
Prp causes a shift of hair follicles from 'resting stage' to 'active growth stage', thereby reverses the process of hair loss.
How is prp prepared?
There are various methods for preparing prp, but most of these methods are not effective.
The unique method developed by Dr. Jeetendra khatuja is called 'innovative prp' or iprp.
We draw 8ml of patient's blood and process it in special tubes with the help of centrifuge machine. The method has been standardised over the years for best results.
How prp is given?
Under all safety precautions, the treatment area is numbed under local anesthesia and prp is injected to cover the whole bald area.
What are the risks and side-effects of prp?
There are no risks or side-effects involved since prp is prepared from your own blood.
How long does prp treatment take?
Preparation of prp takes 15-20 minutes and actual treatment takes 10-15 minutes, so the whole treatment takes about 30-40 minutes only.
This is followed by a derma roller treatment, which is explained in part 2.
Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Andheri West, Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jeetendra Khatuja
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jeetendra KhatujaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Jeetendra Khatuja, Skin Specialist, whom I consulted, knows his subject well & is spot on when identifying the root cause/s of his patient's ailment & prescribing remedies forsame. I wish him all success in his future endeavours in the human health sector :)
Very attentive doctor. His diagnosis at the root cause of my condition helped me to get rid of conditions which i was suffering.
Understands the patient's problem and accordingly goes about the treatment.
Manoj B Sodha
Proffessional who u can really trust on
Ageing is often the harshest foe to the skin. The years will take its toll on the skin’s tightness, resulting in loose saggy skin. However, there are many techniques which allow for the rejuvenation and tightening of the skin and help you get your youthful look back. Most of these are usually non-invasive or minimally-invasive and include creams, peels, dermabrasion and other such forms of treatment. One such method which has become quite popular is laser skin tightening.
What is Laser Skin Lightening?
As is evident from the name, this method uses a laser or an infrared light source of a specific wavelength to heat up the treated area. This method of treatment specifically heats up the collagen present under the skin and stimulates it to cause tightening. This treatment also encourages the growth of new collagen under the skin.
Benefits of Laser Skin Tightening:
Some of the benefits of laser skin tightening are mentioned below –
It works deep beneath the skin– While most other treatments make you look younger by treating the superficial layers of skin, laser skin tightening works by stimulating the collagen under the skin and thus works from way deeper, making it a more effective treatment. It can easily correct all forms of lines on your neck, forehead, eyes, wrinkles and blemishes.
Minimally invasive– There is no involvement of surgical tools and thus no incisions, stitches or even injections are used. Although the skin is heated up from beneath the surface with the help of a laser, it is still a minimally invasive procedure.
Less painful– Although the lower layers of the skin are heated up, the laser mechanism allows for the top-most layer of the skin to remain cool, thus lessening the pain and discomfort faced during the procedure.
Minimal downtime– Laser skin tightening is a minimally invasive process and is usually done on an outpatient basis. The total downtime is quite minimal and you can resume daily activities quite quickly after the procedure.
- Lasts for longer– As the new collagen develops under your skin, the effects start to show in full swing in about a couple of months. You may at best need a follow up treatment to ensure that the best results are achieved. However, once the treatment is completed and the skin tightens, the effects do stay for quite a while. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Skin care is an essential part of health and beauty. Though some of you may avoid or ignore it for a long time while giving in way to bring on crow's feet beside the eyes, thin lines on the forehead, and fine lines over the face, yet these all can be taken care of even in your 40s. If you realize that you need to care and deserve to look good always, it's never too late to start a skin health regimen.
These are the 7 tips you need to follow to make your skin look healthy and glowing when you are in your 40s.
Know your skin type
Whatever skin product you use, always make sure that it is made for your skin type. To know that well, you must know your skin type first. Skin is generally of four types namely oily, normal, dry and combination. Know yours to start right.
1. Washing: Wash your skin everyday. Use a mild face wash. Washing after you come home from an outing is an essential. Besides washing at bath time and washing your face at night before going to bed is also important. This keeps the derm pores on the face clean and prevents dust from piling and prevents acne and pimples.
2. Exfoliating: Exfoliation or scrubbing can be done as per your exposure to the outer world. In 40s your skin cells die sooner, and dead cells form a coat over the skin, which needs to be removed every week or so. Therefore, exfoliating the skin with a mild to normal scrubber in every 10 to 15 days is a good practice.
3. Toning: This keeps the skin healthy and compact as derm pores are tightened preventing entry of dirt and oil. Use a toner after every wash.
4. Moisturizing: A coat of moisturizer after toning is a must to keep the skin hydrated and prevent drying and wrinkling. Dry skin forms wrinkles faster, hence beware.
5. Wrinkle and anti ageing treatment: Use an anti aging cream or serum twice a day, preferably in the morning and at bedtime.
6. Under eye care: Care for your under-eyes and prevent dark spots and patches and the formation of crows feet. These obvious formations after 40 can be healed somewhat with daily care of skin around the eyes.
7. Lifestyle: Get enough sleep at least 6 hours in a day and drink lots of water to keep the skin hydrated and body detoxified.
Facial hair in women can be an embarrassing and touchy subject. While people may notice it and avoid speaking about it, the stare that lasts for just a second longer on your face will be uneasy. It is time you get rid of it and stop grabbing more attention than you need:
1. Hide it: Some of the most common methods to hide facial hair are bleaching, threading, waxing, depilation or electrolysis. Each of these methods have their advantages and disadvantages. Bleaching, for example, masks the hair for a while and gives it a golden tinge which still makes it less visible. Threading or waxing has to be undertaken at periodic intervals and both may result in thicker hair growth in the surrounding areas. Women who are regular with their body care regimen can try these methods.
2. Destroy it: Use a tweezers to pull it out: This one mostly works on the instinct that you get when you see the hair. It works if you don't have too much hair and just a couple here and there that can be easily pulled out. Sterilize the tweezers with alcohol to avoid infection. You will have to grip near the root and give a firm pull to get rid of the whole thing. It is painful but if done right it can last 3-8 weeks before its replacement shows up.
3. Shave it: Yes, women do it too. Apply a shaving gel or foam and use a disposable razor to clip the hair. Though this is relatively less painful, hair growth afterwards is quite fast so you'll have to be careful to add it to your schedule often enough.
4. Try natural methods: It is slow but cheap and reliable. The visible effects of using natural ingredients for hair removal happens only over a period of time but the results are well worth the wait. Turmeric powder is an ancient remedy for facial and body hair - so much so that Indian brides follow a traditional 'haldi' routine before their wedding. Other natural ingredients you can try include gram flour (besan) and sugar was. You can also give a good rub with a pumice stone.
5. Try Electrolysis: It is the only permanent method but is tedious and requires multiple sessions. It is usually recommended if there are few thick hair limited to one part of body. In this method hair root is destroyed with the help of thin metallic probe connected to a machine through which electricity is delivered to hair roots.
6. Try a laser treatment: Laser is one of the most effective treatments for unwanted body hair. The bright beams of heat and light from the laser directly reaches the roots of the hair, removing it and preventing re-growth for a fair period of time. The downside is that it'll take a few months and prove to be expensive but the results can be well worth the wait as it can permanently remove hair. You may also need multiple sittings to destroy the hair growth completely. If peace of mind is your criteria, then go for it.
If excessive hair is stopping you from living and enjoying your life, consult a professional who can help you find a way.