Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Aska Aesthetic ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Understands the patient's problem and accordingly goes about the treatment.
Skin care is an essential part of health and beauty. Though some of you may avoid or ignore it for a long time while giving in way to bring on crow's feet beside the eyes, thin lines on the forehead, and fine lines over the face, yet these all can be taken care of even in your 40s. If you realize that you need to care and deserve to look good always, it's never too late to start a skin health regimen.
These are the 7 tips you need to follow to make your skin look healthy and glowing when you are in your 40s.
Know your skin type
Whatever skin product you use, always make sure that it is made for your skin type. To know that well, you must know your skin type first. Skin is generally of four types namely oily, normal, dry and combination. Know yours to start right.
1. Washing: Wash your skin everyday. Use a mild face wash. Washing after you come home from an outing is an essential. Besides washing at bath time and washing your face at night before going to bed is also important. This keeps the derm pores on the face clean and prevents dust from piling and prevents acne and pimples.
2. Exfoliating: Exfoliation or scrubbing can be done as per your exposure to the outer world. In 40s your skin cells die sooner, and dead cells form a coat over the skin, which needs to be removed every week or so. Therefore, exfoliating the skin with a mild to normal scrubber in every 10 to 15 days is a good practice.
3. Toning: This keeps the skin healthy and compact as derm pores are tightened preventing entry of dirt and oil. Use a toner after every wash.
4. Moisturizing: A coat of moisturizer after toning is a must to keep the skin hydrated and prevent drying and wrinkling. Dry skin forms wrinkles faster, hence beware.
5. Wrinkle and anti ageing treatment: Use an anti aging cream or serum twice a day, preferably in the morning and at bedtime.
6. Under eye care: Care for your under-eyes and prevent dark spots and patches and the formation of crows feet. These obvious formations after 40 can be healed somewhat with daily care of skin around the eyes.
7. Lifestyle: Get enough sleep at least 6 hours in a day and drink lots of water to keep the skin hydrated and body detoxified.
Facial hair in women can be an embarrassing and touchy subject. While people may notice it and avoid speaking about it, the stare that lasts for just a second longer on your face will be uneasy. It is time you get rid of it and stop grabbing more attention than you need:
1. Hide it: Some of the most common methods to hide facial hair are bleaching, threading, waxing, depilation or electrolysis. Each of these methods have their advantages and disadvantages. Bleaching, for example, masks the hair for a while and gives it a golden tinge which still makes it less visible. Threading or waxing has to be undertaken at periodic intervals and both may result in thicker hair growth in the surrounding areas. Women who are regular with their body care regimen can try these methods.
2. Destroy it: Use a tweezers to pull it out: This one mostly works on the instinct that you get when you see the hair. It works if you don't have too much hair and just a couple here and there that can be easily pulled out. Sterilize the tweezers with alcohol to avoid infection. You will have to grip near the root and give a firm pull to get rid of the whole thing. It is painful but if done right it can last 3-8 weeks before its replacement shows up.
3. Shave it: Yes, women do it too. Apply a shaving gel or foam and use a disposable razor to clip the hair. Though this is relatively less painful, hair growth afterwards is quite fast so you'll have to be careful to add it to your schedule often enough.
4. Try natural methods: It is slow but cheap and reliable. The visible effects of using natural ingredients for hair removal happens only over a period of time but the results are well worth the wait. Turmeric powder is an ancient remedy for facial and body hair - so much so that Indian brides follow a traditional 'haldi' routine before their wedding. Other natural ingredients you can try include gram flour (besan) and sugar was. You can also give a good rub with a pumice stone.
5. Try Electrolysis: It is the only permanent method but is tedious and requires multiple sessions. It is usually recommended if there are few thick hair limited to one part of body. In this method hair root is destroyed with the help of thin metallic probe connected to a machine through which electricity is delivered to hair roots.
6. Try a laser treatment: Laser is one of the most effective treatments for unwanted body hair. The bright beams of heat and light from the laser directly reaches the roots of the hair, removing it and preventing re-growth for a fair period of time. The downside is that it'll take a few months and prove to be expensive but the results can be well worth the wait as it can permanently remove hair. You may also need multiple sittings to destroy the hair growth completely. If peace of mind is your criteria, then go for it.
If excessive hair is stopping you from living and enjoying your life, consult a professional who can help you find a way.