An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but Minions seem to disagree. An apple being the fruit of choice for millions of households across the world, recent studies show that apples may not be as good for you as you’ve been led to believe. For starters they have high sugar content, for the calorie conscious, which might be a bad revelation. The really high fiber content of apples is known to induce stomach aches. Studies show that most apples in the regular market are laden with pesticides, which are harmful for human consumption. Apples are known to cause allergies too and not to forget, apple seeds contain trace amounts of cyanide.
So if not apples, what is supposed to keep the doctor at bay? The world is going ga ga over bananas. Bananas and papayas are two easy to resource, lower priced alternative as the household fruit of choice. Here’s why.
- Papayas and Bananas contain fewer carbohydrates and more protein than Apples and hence instantly making them a better choice for calorie conscious.
- High levels of Tryptophan, make bananas and papayas a natural antidepressant and stress buster.
- Both are rich in Anti oxidants which helps in preventing and fighting cancer.
- Bananas protect an individual against type 2 diabetes and aid in weight loss in this new age of morbid obesity that makes it quite a selling point.
- Both fruits being rich in vitamin C are known to boost immunity.
- Papayas are rich in flavonoids, vitamin A and beta carotene, which protect the mucus membrane of the eye and are known to prevent age related retardation of eye sight.
- Bananas and Papayas help prevent swelling of joints and work well to prevent arthritis.
- Both fruits are known to help ease menstrual cramps.
- Papaya is rich in vitamin E, vitamin C and antioxidants like beta-carotene which helps prevent your skin from free radical damage keeping wrinkles, marks and signs of ageing at bay.
- Papaya is known to encourage hair growth and fight against hair fall.
- The duo is known to improve overall digestion as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.