What is the remedy about?
A part of your natural aging process, wrinkles occur as a result of thin and sagging skin. It could be also due to other factors like excessive stress, smoking, and drugs when exposed to harsh sunlight, a sudden fluctuation in weight or genetic issues. There are several home remedies that can help to reduce your existing wrinkles and also prevent the formation of new ones:
- Olive oil has a good content of antioxidants, for example, vitamins A and E. Massaging the area affected with wrinkles moisturizes, repairs as well as regenerates the skin cells. You can also mix a few drops of honey and glycerine to the olive oil and massage your skin with the mixture. It helps in eliminating the dead cells and tightens your sagged skin.
- Ginger serves to be a brilliant anti-wrinkle remedy because of the high content of antioxidants in it. Ginger helps in breaking down elastin, which is one of the main reasons of wrinkles. You can have ginger tea or grate ginger and have it with honey regularly.
- The malic acid present in Aloe Vera helps in improving your skin’s elasticity, which helps in reducing your wrinkles. Apply the gel once you extract it from the plant, and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. You can wash it off with warm water.
- Bananas have a high content minerals, vitamins and antioxidants that the fight the reasons causing your wrinkles and fine lines. Take two ripe bananas and mash it into a thick paste. Apply it in the affected areas and leave it on for 30 minutes. After that, you can wash it off using warm water.
- Lemon contains citric acid, which is a strong exfoliant that can help you get rid of your dead skin cells. Also an astringent and a cleansing agent, it helps to fade your wrinkles and fine lines. You can gently rub a lemon slice in your wrinkled skin and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with water afterward and repeat this process two to three times in a day.
Are there any side effects?
Using these home remedies can have the possible side effects:
- Going overboard while using olive oil on your face may lead to acne and pimples as it can clog the pores of your skin, while trapping all the dust and the dirt.
- Some people may experience heartburn, discomfort in stomach or diarrhea if they consume ginger in large quantities. In case of women, there can be a possibility of extra bleeding during menstruation.
- Continuous and regular use of aloe vera gel may at times lead to allergic reactions or skin inflammation.
- As lemon has highly acidic properties, it may cause irritation in the skin, hyperpigmentation or sensitivity towards the sun. Apart from that, if you have a cut or bruise in your skin, applying lemon juice can cause a stinging effect.
What are the post-remedy guidelines?
The post remedy guidelines that need to be followed are:
- Avoid smoking as it can greatly affect your skin condition.
- Make sure that you drink an adequate amount of water. It will help you to stay hydrated, and cleanse all the toxins of your body.
- Include foods that are rich in antioxidants to your diet. Beans, prunes, spinach, walnuts and blueberries are some of the food items that you can add to your diet.
- If you are using banana in your skin, make sure that you apply a moisturizer afterwards.
- Use a non-toxic sunscreen to prevent wrinkles.
- Ensure that you get a good night’s sleep every day.
How long does it take to recover?
With popular and regular treatment, you may start seeing positive results in a few weeks. The home remedies may be slow but are a sure process for treating wrinkles. You may find a significant change and experience wrinkle-free skin in three months or so. In some cases, it may take less than that.
Are the results of the remedy permanent?
With the application of the home remedies, you can remove wrinkles permanently from your skin. However, you have to maintain your diet and follow a proper skin care guide; otherwise there is a possibility that wrinkles may recur.
Is there any training or experts required?
The home remedies can be easily practised, and the ingredients are readily available in the market. You do not need any training or experience for carrying out the treatment. To know about any allergic reactions, you can consult your doctor once before starting the treatment.