What is the remedy about?
Vomiting is a temporary problem which is caused due to food poisoning, stomach flu, motion sickness, over eating, too much alcohol consumption and pregnancy. Some of the remedies to vomiting are:
- Ginger is beneficial for the digestive system and it also acts as a natural anti-emetic to prevent vomiting. Take a spoon full of fresh ginger juice and mix it with lemon juice. Consume it several times a day. You can also mix honey with ginger for better taste.
- Cinnamon can be a handy treatment for vomiting that is caused by digestive problems. Add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder into a cup of boiling water. Add a few drops of honey and then drink the mixture.
- Apple cider vinegar can help ease an upset stomach. It calms the stomach with its detoxification properties. It also helps with food poisoning because of its microbial properties. Mix a spoonful of apple cider vinegar and few drops of honey in a glass of water and drink it. To freshen your mouth from the smell of vomit, rinse your mouth with a cup of water mixed with a spoon full of vinegar.
Are there any side effects?
- Excessive intake of vinegar is harmful to the body. It causes the potassium level in the body to drop causing a condition called Hypokalemia. It can also cause skin irritation and tissue damage.
- High level of cinnamon can cause liver damage .
- Appropriate level of ginger intake is extremely beneficial to the digestive system in particular. However, if you consume too much, it might have a reverse effect on your stomach causing gas problems.
What are the post-remedy guidelines?
Even after your condition improves, it is imperative that you take the following precautions.
- Avoid junk food
- Avoid spicy food for a few days
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Avoid travelling for a few days.
How long does it take to recover?
The time taken to recover from vomitting depends on the cause of vomitting. It might take anything between a few hours to a few days for complete recovery. Vomitting due to food poisoning normally takes a few days to cure completely whereas vomitting due to gas might be cured within a day or so.
Are the results of the remedy permanent?
Provided you are taking all the necessary precautions post remedy, the cure is permanent.
Is there any training or experts required?
All the remedies advised here can be prepared at home without any expert assistance or formal training.