What is the remedy about?
Mouth ulcers occur inside the mouth in the form of painful sores. Usually, within a week or two, it clears up on its own. However, for a quick cure, try these simple home remedies.
- Baking Soda is a great remedy to cure mouth ulcers. It has anti-bacterial properties that can keep our mouth germ free. Sometimes ulcers are caused by acidic food or drinks. Being a natural neutralizer, baking soda can help cure it. Mix a little water with a spoonful of baking soda powder. Keep the solution in your mouth for a few minutes. You can also make a paste of water and baking soda and apply it on the affected area for better results.
- Sea salt is a very effective disinfectant. It is an antiseptic which will prevent an ulcer from spreading. Take two spoons of sea salt and mix it in a warm glass of water. Rinse your mouth with it.
- Coconut milk is a great pain reliever. Just mix some honey with coconut milk and apply it on the affected areas. You can also mix it with water and rinse your mouth.
- Honey is a natural moisturizer and thus helps in accelerating the healing process of ulcers. It also has antimicrobial properties. Apply honey with the help of a cotton ball on the affected areas for a quick recovery.
Are there any side effects?
These side-effects might appear from the home remedies:
- Applying Baking Soda in your mouth might cause a burning sensation.
- Coconut milk might cause some irritation and burning sensation if you are allergic to it.
- Coconut milk contains high sugar content, so if you consume excessively, it might increase your blood sugar level.
What are the post-remedy guidelines?
The following precautions must be followed post remedy:
- Avoid highly acidic food such as strawberries.
- Reduce the intake of spicy food for a few days.
- Avoid chewing gums and tobacco.
How long does it take to recover?
Usually mouth ulcers disappear on its own within a week or so. However, with these remedies, you can get rid of them within 2 to 5 days.
Are the results of the remedy permanent?
Provided, you take proper precautions post cure, there is very little chance of mouth ulcers appearing again.
Is there any training or experts required?
The remedies suggested here can be prepared easily and all the items are readily available too. Hence there is no requirement of being trained to perform these remedies.