The goodness of water is known to all. Another fluid to watch out for is the coconut water. Coconut water will leave your mouth open with its amazing health benefits. From kids to pregnant women to elderly people, everyone can drink coconut water (unless asked to avoid on doctor recommendation) any day and any-time. The sweet, nut-like taste of coconut water is indeed very refreshing and soothing, a great respite in the scorching summers.
Positive effects of coconut water on the health
- A low-calorie drink: Coconut water is an ideal and healthy substitute for processed fruit juice, aerated drinks and sweetened beverages. Further, being low in sugar and calories, coconut water is an excellent remedy for diabetic patients.
- Improves Digestion: Coconut water is an excellent source of phosphatase, diastase (a group of enzymes that breakdowns starch into maltose), folic acid, and other enzymes that aids in the digestion of food. A person with dehydration (an outcome of dysentery, diarrhea or cholera) can benefit immensely from coconut water. The coconut water works by restoring the lost electrolyte and plasma balance in the body.
- Keeps skin aging and hair problems at bay: Cytokines and lauric acid are known to have anti-aging properties. They maintain the pH balance of the skin. As expected, coconut water helps in restoring the natural glow of the skin. Coconut water greatly nourishes and protects the skin from rashes and skin infections. Also, having long, healthy, and lustrous hair is no longer a dream, all thanks to the coconut water. It hydrates the scalp, thus providing the necessary nourishment to the hair.
- Drink coconut water, forget depression forever: Riboflavin, pathogenic acid and thiamine are the triple healing vitamins that help to lower depression and stress in a person. With these important vitamins present, coconut water will lift your mood and spirits effortlessly.
- Weight management: Being a low-calorie drink, coconut water is a healthy option for people who are on a diet and want to lose few extra kilos.
- Healthy bones and muscles the natural way: An excellent source of calcium, coconut water will keep your bones strong and healthy. A rich source of potassium implies coconut water helps to lower the instances of muscle cramps.
- Kidney stones a thing of the past: A natural way to deal with the problem of kidney stones is indeed a great news. Potassium, which is present in abundance in coconut water. Thus, it not only helps in dissolving the kidney stones but also ensures that there is no recurrence of the condition (kidney stones).
- A healthy blood pressure: Coconut water comes as a much-needed blessing for people with high blood pressure. The minerals (potassium and magnesium) along with vitamin C ensure that the blood pressure is within healthy limits.
- Can tackle migraine pain: The magnesium present in coconut water comes as a savior for people suffering from migraine pain.
Now that you are aware of the benefits of coconut water, you just need to grab one and drink it up. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!