Im having cervical spondylosis. I am having medicine since last 1 mont the pain in neck is relif but I hav lot of swelling on my hands and lot of pain too. I am taking Ultracet semi. Pantop 40. Nucoxia Mr. Fepanil. please let me know the reason for swelling and pain on my back shoulder and hands.
As you said you are suffering from cervical spondylosis. So first tell me your age & profession. If you have done the xray of cervical spine then send me the reports of the xray so that I shall know the exact conditions of your problems.
Apart from it, follow these instructions to get relief from cervical spondylosis.
* First correct your sitting posture. Do not use laptops or mobile for more than 1-2 hours if yo have to work on computer then the screen of computer should be in the same level to your eyes.
* You can use cervical collar for support during work.
* Do regular neck muscle strength exercises. Move your neck clockwise and anticlock wise for 2-3 minutes daily.
* Do not sleep on very soft bed ,sleep on slight hard cotton mattress with very low pillow level.
* Do Tadasana and Bhjangasana for back strengthening. If you can not understand these asans you can consult me.
* Take calcium rich diet and calcium and vitamin D supplements regularly.
*Do not Take any heavy weight or heavy work.
* If you are over weight then follow a good and effective diet plan to loose some kilos of weight. You can consult me to get a diet chart.
Take frequent Breaks at work.
Core Strengthening Exercises.
Use cervical pillow.
Use Back Support.
Self Massage the back of neck.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Hand Pain treatment