Don't ignore your skin health issues
Ask FREE question to skin specialists

Hello doctor, I am going through SCABIES disease. And I'm taking some medication which are mentioned below. But still my itching is not getting cured. Can you please help me out?

Scabies is one of several skin conditions that can cause itching and rashes. It is a dermatologic condition caused by sarcoptes scabiei, an eight-legged microscopic mite. Scabies is contagious and can spread very easily from person to person through close physical contact. Itching, rash, sores and thick crusts are the main signs and symptoms of scabies. Follow this tips to prevent and to avoid reinfection from scabies - 1) Wash or dry-clean all clothes, towels, linens, etc. When washing, use hot soapy water and dry on high heat. Place items that cannot be washed in a sealed plastic bag for one to several weeks to starve the mites. 2) Vacuum the entire home, including carpets, rugs, upholstery, etc. And discard the bag or thoroughly clean the vacuum's canister. 3) Cut your nails, and clean under them thoroughly to remove any mites or eggs that may be present. 4) Try to avoid scratching. Keep any open sores clean. 5) Shampoo your hair regularly. For better results consult me on Lybrate privately. Take care.