I have nervous problem. I always stay nervous from childhood. Even before speaking I think lot what right things l say what not to say. Is this the side effects of childhood trauma? Some bad Incident happened with me in childhood. Please help me to get over this.

Dear Lybrate user, Nervousness is anxiety disorder. Anxiety disorders are a category of mental disorders characterized by feelings of anxiety and fear, where anxiety is a worry about future events and fear is a reaction to current events. These feelings may cause physical symptoms, such as a racing heart and shakiness. There are a number of anxiety disorders: including generalized anxiety disorder, a specific phobia, social anxiety disorder, separation anxiety disorder, agoraphobia, and panic disorder among others. While each has its own characteristics and symptoms, they all include symptoms of anxiety. I need to know more about your anxiety so that I will be able to diagnose it properly and provide you tips to overcome and manage your anxiety. Take care.