Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Age 29 years I had a knee pain in right leg. After mri ,doctor told that it is osteochondral defect and suggest for immediate orthoscopy I consulted another doctor, he suggested for physiotherapy, Now my pain and problem is 60% reduced. Recently doctor has suggested to take lafarze medicine for 3 months (glucosamine sulphate 2kcl and chondroitin) to repair cartilage injury. Is glucosamine and chondroitin works? Can exercise cure me completely?

2 Doctors Answered
I have not seen your MRI . If a cartilage charting shows there is a defect on the cartilage then an arthroscopy is better to treat that defect. Depending on the size of the defect the treatment is biased. The pain is only immediate. If a definite defect is there then it needs to be treated otherwise will lead to early osteoarthritis
1 person found this helpful
Both are helpful. Along with balanced diet in concern protein.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.