Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I have a decay in one of my tooth, But there is no pain in the teeth because that has not attacked pulp, I have consulted a dentist and he has suggested me to undergo for root canal treatment and he just excavated and did temporary filling! So should I undergo root canal or else go back and continue for permanent filling? But there is no pain, And one problem was I could not eat with that particular teeth, It is molar!

4 Doctors Answered
lybrate-user brother first of all if you don't have pain in that tooth then why you are not able to eat with that tooth answer of your question is that, if no pain in temporary restoration just go for permanent please give me t
1 person found this helpful
You have decayed tooth which is molar & there is no pain so go for permanent filling & use warm water gargle twice a day. You should not undergo for root canal treatmen.
1 person found this helpful
if its not paining n u r not having hot n cold sensitivity den go for permanent restoration n if u have sensitivity or pain den go for rct
you can wait and watch... for some more time see if pain persists on that tooth...if doesnt then.. g/o ahead with permanent filling.. there is a chance that tooth mig/ht g/o for root canal treatment if pain persists even after permanent filling/.. there is no g/uarantee as when pain would come back...but if there is no pain..n/o ahead with permanent filling/ mig/ht need a root canal in two months 6 months or eig/ht months perhaps a year...
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.