My son is 2 months and 20 days we had given him the necessary vaccination but one vaccine is not given to him which is called as PCV? Can some one help me to know wht is that? Is it mandate to give him as it is not available in govt. Hospitals also.

My son is 2 months and 20 days we had given him the neces...
as per Indian guidelines PCV is not mandatory , but it should be given to all those who can afford it . It prevent kids from having many serious disease like meningitis, pneumonia, repeated ear discharge, peritonitis .
hello, lybrat user, PCV vaccination is given to check pneumococcus bacteria to sterilised area of body and the brain causing pneumonia, ear infection ,septicaemia, impairment of speech & hearing including visionary deffects & meningitis. tk,care
Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) is a pneumococcal vaccine and a conjugate vaccine used to protect infants, young children, and adults against disease caused by the bacterium Streptococcus pneumoniae (the pneumococcus). Well, it is not mandatory and is optional and is the reason for not avialable in Govt hospitals.