Considered to be one of the best paediatric nephrologists in Delhi with 12 years of experience, Dr. Amit Agarwal is at present associated with Vardaan Clinic- Mother & Child Care Center, Noida. A winner of multiple awards in the field of paediatrics, Dr. Agarwal has worked at various prestigious hospitals like Jaypee Hospital, Noida, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, Fortis Noida and Batra Hospital. He has had several contented patients in his last 7 years as a successful paediatrician and paediatric nephrologist. Apart from his specialization, he also provides the services of consultancy, kidney transplantation, peritoneal dialysis and hemodialysis.
Dr. Amit Agarwal has completed his MBBS from KMC Manipal, and has an MD in Paediatrics from AMU Aligarh. Apart from that, he also holds a FIRST degree in Pediatric Nephrology from AIIMS, Delhi. The renowned doctor has professional memberships in eminent institutions like International Pediatric Nephrology Association (IPNA), National Neonatology Forum, Indian Academy of Paediatrics (IAP) and Indian Society of Paediatric Nephrology.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amit Agarwal
Treatment of Kidney Disease
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Kidney Failure
Treatment of Polycystic Kidney Disease
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Nephrotic Syndrome
Paediatric Critical Care
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Submit a review for Dr. Amit AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. Amit Agarwal has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. It was a bad case of vomiting. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the Vardaan Clinic- Mother & Child Care Center is so nice. Even though the problem was not so big, but still the other doctors were not able to treat it. The I consulted Amit Agarwal. The vomiting treatment for vomiting has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine.
My child was suffering from excess fever for 3 days. earlier I thought that the issue is not that critical. But when I met Dr Amit Agarwal, I got to know that my child is suffering from Pneumonia. I became really tensed after knowing therbut the doctor helped me calm down and provided a critical care to my child. Now he is absolutely fine . I owe him a big thank.
My daughter was suffering from stomach pain due to which I was quite tensed about her. I took her to Dr Amit. He is extremely a good pediatrics. I impressed with the way he treated my daughter. I thank him for such a quick and effective treatment.
Thanks to Dr Amit for his vaccination guidance. Due to his guidance, my child is perfectly fine.I appreciate the ay he traets his patients. He never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries.
My son was suffering from urinary tract infection. Thanks to Dr Amit for the best treatment. He treated my son very patiently. I am quite impressed with the way he treats his patients.
Dr. Amit Agarwal provides answers that are very helpful and well-reasoned. Thanks, we have consulted a Doctor and he advice us ORS, Domstal syrup 3ml and OFM
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Amit Agarwal to be very helpful. Ok thank you sir
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Amit Agarwal to be very helpful. Thank you
Viju Prakash Babu
Dr. Amit Agarwal provides answers that are very helpful. very helpful feedback
Dr. Amit Agarwal provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks doctor
Dr. Amit Agarwal provides answers that are very helpful. Very helpful
Dr. Amit Agarwal provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you
Dr. Amit Agarwal provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks
CAKUT or Congenital Anomalies of the Kidney and Urinary Tract is a group of simple to life-threatening malfunction or malformation of the ureters, kidney, bladders, testis, penis or female genitalia. These malformations are present from the birth when the genital or urinary system of the fetal starts developing. In young children, this kind of malformations can lead to renal transplantations and kidney failures. The primary cause of this kind of congenital problem with the urinary tract is genetic while other possible cause can be due to the environment.
Some of the most common Congenital problems with the urinary tract are:
- Bladder Exstrophy: One of the most common congenital problems in children is bladder malformation. In this case, the bladder is flattened in shape and not round. So it will be exposed on the abdominal walls. This, in turn, will result in widely separated pelvic bones. Thus the function of female genitalia, penis and prostate will be affected. There are different types of Exstrophy and surgeries required for correcting them.
- Undescended Testes: Usually, in the abdomen area, the testicles are formed. After the formation, they pass from the abdominal wall muscles and twist to the local place. This happens in the last few weeks of the pregnancy and is seen only in 5 percent of full-grown boys. Most of the times, testicles fall to the normal place in the first 6 months of their life. Any abnormality in the testicles or missing testicles can be due to problems in the testicular blood vessels or due to loss of blood flow to that particular area. Surgical and nonsurgical therapies like hormone management can be used to treat this kind of congenital problem.
- Vesicoureteral Reflux: The Ureter is the tube in the human body that carries the urine from the kidneys to the bladder. When there is Vesicoureteral Reflux problem, then the urine flows back in the ureter. When the reflux of urine takes place, then that will get detained in that area and can cause damage to the kidneys. There are basically two types of Vesicoureteral Reflux and the primary condition is congenital problems. This problem can also be treated with the help of surgical and nonsurgical methods.
- Hydronephrosis: Another very common congenital problem with the urinary tract in children is Hydronephrosis. The flow of the urine from the kidney can be prevented by any obstruction. This obstruction can result in fluids getting filled in the organs. There can be many disorders or problems associated such as Multicystic Dysplastic Kidney, Posterior Urethral Valve, Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction and Idiopathic Hydronephrosis. There can be many other problems also associated along with these.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello, What is the cost of Skeletal Dysplasia or Achondroplasia treatment in India and what is duration for treatment?
The main function of the kidneys is to filter blood and remove toxic wastes from the body in the form of urine. The kidneys also help regulate blood pressure and maintain a proper balance of salts and fluids in the body. Kidney problems in children can range from chronic kidney disease and kidney failure to reversible disorders which do not have any long-term effects. Kidney diseases may be caused by many factors.
1. Birth defects
If a child is born with a defect in his or her urinary tract, the risk of suffering from kidney disease is very high. For example, a narrow or twisted urethra can make it hard for the child to urinate and thus increase the risk of infection. Conditions such as fetal hydronephrosis can occur even when the child is in the mother’s womb. This is marked by an enlargement or the narrowing of one or both the kidneys.
2. Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
If a urinary tract infection is left untreated in a child, the bacteria causing the infection can travel upwards into the urinary tract. Once it affects the bladder, the condition is known as cystitis. If this bacteria travels to the kidneys and begins to affect them as well, this results in a condition known as pyelonephritis. This can lead to permanent kidney damage. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to diagnose a UTI in infants and children. Common symptoms to watch out for include bloody or cloudy urine, pain during urination and frequent urination. Infants may also have loose bowel movements.
3. Reflux disorders
In some cases, a defect in the valves between the bladder and the ureters can cause urine to flow backward to the kidneys instead of out of the body. This is known as reflux. It can cause kidney infections and may also cause permanent damage to the kidneys. The good news is that it can be treated and corrected with antibiotics or surgery.
4. Hereditary diseases
Genetic abnormalities can also be the cause of kidney disease. Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) is one such condition that is passed down from a parent to their child. In this case, the abnormal genes cause cysts to develop in the kidneys that replace healthy tissue and impair kidney functioning. Alport syndrome is another hereditary kidney disease.
5. Systemic diseases
Systemic diseases are conditions that do not affect any single organ but affect the entire body as a whole. Diabetes and Lupus are two systemic diseases that can cause kidney disease. In the case of diabetes, the body is unable to regulate glucose levels that in turn damage the kidney cells. Though this is the leading cause of kidney failure in adults, it is not so commonly seen in children. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!