Lazy eye treatment Male, 5 My son is 5 year old. Recently he was complaining lot about vision. We got him checked. We found that his left eye is weak and has low vision. Documents are attached. Eyes has unusual numbers one has plus numbers and other has minus. Local doctor has give us treatment of lazy eye. We are patching. Closing "right eye" [good eye].My question was that, is there anything else in treatment like surgery? How can we improve his vision? Is this patching only solution? How much vision can be improved with this treatment? Local doctor has advised 45 days of this treatment for now. Can we do it longer? I am very worry about my son. Please help me on this. Regards.

Hello 1. I am paediatric ophthalmologist and deals with lazy eye patients 2. As this is an open question so your reporst ahve not reached me. You have to ask private question to send me reports 3. There is no surgery for lazy eye 4. Patching is only solution. We can replace it with atropine if patching does not suit the child 5. Treatment is of long duration.