Have consulted a doctor for my hair loss problem and according to him having serious hair thinning n low hair density problem and prescribed me minoxidil topical 5%' to use on my scalp and would like to have second opinion if there is any sideeffect of this medicine , if not please advice there is no harm using this for my hair growth.

Have consulted a doctor for my hair loss problem and acco...
Hello Vinay, Minoxidil 5% topical solution can be applied on the scalp for minimum to very severe hairfall. There is usually no harm in applying it unless you are married and trying for pregnancy. It is advisable to avoid the application in case of pregnancy or trying to get pregnant.
Dear Mr.Vinay ,Minoxidil is the treatment of choice for hair thinning/androgenetic alopecia as it is medically known.It has been studied and is being prescribed by dermatologists all over the world for a very long time.Though the treatment for hair loss has come a long way (by which i mean procedures are also being done),minoxidil is still and will be used by dermatologists.I hope this answers your query!
Hello Mr vinay, I think u must be having androgenetic alopecia. Thats y fall and the thinning is happening. U can very well take minoxidil lotion.its safe to use.