I am 23 years old. I usually smoke 1-2 cigarettes a day. I got a Root canal treatment on a molar tooth of mine around 10 years ago. The RCT tooth has now developed an infection and 2 dentists told me I need to get it removed. One said I will have to get an artificial implant after 4 months of removal, not sooner in any case and the other said only 15 days. Which one should I go with?

I am 23 years old. I usually smoke 1-2 cigarettes a day.
...
Yes you wil have to get it extracted and either u can go for capping or an implant
...
Hello, you should go for artificial implant after 4 months. Take care.
...
Hi as your a smoker it's better to do after 4 months. If it's done within 15 days infection may persists it will affect the longevity of the implant.
...
Dear lybrate user, placement of implants conventionally was and is frequently done after allowing the tooth socket to heal for 3-4 months but sometimes in cases especially of single implant placement, dentists place the implant immediately after the extraction i. E. In the same sitting. So it's either after 3-4 months or immediately, the 15 days later concept doesn't sound convincing.