My son is 4 years suffered from high fever 103 so Dr. told to take blood test report was elevated wbc and crp. Wbc is 19000 and crp is 76. So he put him oñ antibiotics. For 7 days but after 2 days he is alright but now continuing the antibiotics. Dr. told to repeat the blood test but am very worried. I have google regarding end but it is shocking if elevated wbc is dangerous? Or only becoz of the fever the wbc is elevated? He is active and normal. Shall I repeat the test after 7 days. Is there anything serious ?

My son is 4 years suffered from high fever 103 so Dr. tol...
Yes you are right. It is worry some many a times. High crp with fever is a sign of heavy infection load. Usually due to bacteria or inflammation at any site of body. With proper medication soon your baby is going yo be fine. Don't forget to get urine test done. As many a times that is the sight of hidden infection. Regards.
Hi lybrate user, you should not worry much about your son wbc count. It raises in infectious fevers. Tip - do not google regarding health issues, that knowledge gives more stress than solutions, rely your doctor's advice.