Looking for help and advice:
* My father is 66 years old, and has had umbilical hernia by birth
* Further, he had a by-pass heart surgery when he was 56 years old
* I had planned to get his surgery done this week, but at the last moment (through pre-surgery tests) we found that that he has gallbladder stone too
* Now, the doctor says that the case is more complicated than what it was earlier I am looking for answers to these questions:
* Given the profile of my father, do you think that the case is very complex and that I should consult couple of other doctors before deciding the right course of action? * Is there a fatal risk you see?
* What all things should be considered before going for surgery?
Thanks in advance.
12 years experience
Ask Free Question
Yes, you should certainly take opinion from other doctors considering his age and cardiac disease. Also his blood pressure and blood sugar levels must be under control.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Gallstones treatment