Hi there, Looking for help and advice: Background: * My father is 66 years old, and has had umbilical hernia by birth * Further, he had a by-pass heart surgery when he was 56 years old * I had planned to get his surgery done this week, but at the last moment (through pre-surgery tests) we found that that he has gallbladder stone too * Now, the doctor says that the case is more complicated than what it was earlier I am looking for answers to these questions: * Given the profile of my father, do you think that the case is very complex and that I should consult couple of other doctors before deciding the right course of action? * Is there a fatal risk you see? * What all things should be considered before going for surgery? Thanks in advance.

Hi there,
Looking for help and advice:
Background:
* My f...
Yes, you should certainly take opinion from other doctors considering his age and cardiac disease. Also his blood pressure and blood sugar levels must be under control.