Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My age is 33 years. I have some dental problems firstly due to plaque my gum pushed down at some places. I had done scaling many times but after some time this problem reappear. Second, in upper jaw right premolar and molar sides turn grayish. And while I eat some of the food material always got stuck in between these. Some time blood also comes while brushing. I have done scaling 10 days back and dentist also taken x-ray of my upper jaw right premolar and molar for any caries in tooth. But he told that there is no requirement of rct even filling. But still sometimes blood comes from there and I feel some cavity. Kindly suggest what should I do now ?

10 Doctors Answered
You need to enquire your dentist about proper brushing techniques and the best suited toothpaste & toothbrush for you. Rinse every time you eat food & brush twice daily. Gum problems take time to recover. The bleeding & the grey areas are all due to food accumulation in between teeth & that has also lead your gums to go down making you feel spaces & cavities. So it all comes down to brushing well so that there is no food lodgement & hence no plaque.
3 people found this helpful
Hello thanks for the query reason for blood from gums can be many but most common reason is accumulation of plaque and tartar on tooth surfaces. Which leads to swelling and smell from gums. (gingivitis or periodontitis). For gingivitis scaling is fine but if it's periodontitis as it seems in your case you need to undergo flap procedure for better diagnosis share your x rays or visit a periodontist (gum specialist dentist)
2 people found this helpful
Along with scaling you need periodontal therapy for restoring health of your gingiva.
2 people found this helpful
You are required to consult a periodontist, for inter dental spaces and deep pockets, the treatment will take time and money both.
1 person found this helpful
You may have an advanced stage of periodontal disease and need deep cleaning done with further evaluation. How good are your bone levels? medical risk factors?
1 person found this helpful
It may be cemental caries which is more sensitive and you need flap elevation surgery.
1 person found this helpful
Remove plaque by oral prophylaxis at dental clinic and take some medicine.
1 person found this helpful
Thank for detailed information regarding your dental problem. Your first problem. Gums are getting pushed down. Its called gum recession. You have to maintain good oral hygiene and regular dental visit to avoid worsening of this problem. Now second problem of food getting stuck between molar and premolar. For this problem you need treatment such as filling of capping of teeth to close that space.
2 people found this helpful
Tell your Dr. To do curretage in between your premolar and molar, also change your tooth paste xtar {icpa company}.
I think you should contact a periodontist.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.