Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

There is pain in my neck. Can you please tell me about a medicine or a cure for that.

1 Doctor Answered
Hello welcome to lybrate you seem to be suffering from acute muscular pain. I would advise you to get a x-ray cervical spine to rule out any disc prolapse. For acute muscular pain I advise following: 1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing diclofenac and thiocholchiside. 2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area. 3. To apply diclofenac ointment locally. 4. To get physiotherapy done particularly ultrasonic heat massage. Your pain would start getting better in 5 days. If any disc prolapse is found you would be treated with a combination of pregabalin and methycobalamine. Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it. I hope it helps. Stay healthy.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.