My mother age 45 years has neuroendocrine small cell carcinoma cervix that was diagnosed in august last year, stage 3B She was operated before receiving any chemotherapy and her uterus was removed. Then we started the treatment from a better hospital where she received 6 cycles of chemo (etoposide & cisplatin) and 28 days of external and two sessions of internal radio therapy (ovoid). The last PET CT she had was saying that the conditions are better and with no cancer been seen. The question I wanted to ask that there has been no medicines going on for stopping the recurrence of cancer from our doctors, are we on the right path. Is this how it suppose to be going with no further medicines? And what are the things that can be done to assure that there is no re occurrence.

My mother age 45 years has neuroendocrine small cell carc...
Hello Mr. Your mother has been treated appropriately as per the guidelines. There are no medicines to avoid recurrence. She just needs to have a healthy diet, moderate exercise and most importantly a regular follow up and clinical evaluation by her treating oncologist. That is the way ca cervix is handled. Good luck!