I am 70 years male. I would like to know if I am suffering from prostate problem. The symptoms I have now:
1) I have urgency in urination after 2 1/2 hrs-3 hrs duration. When I am outside, am able to control whereas I am not able to control after parking my car and going to the bathroom in my residence (after a gap of 2 1/2-3hrs of outing on work). When I get down from the car and go to the bathroom which takes about less than a couple of minutes, during this moment I am not able to control urination sometimes I urinate in my pants before I reach the bath room. This does not happen when I go for paid toilets outside.
2) there is no irritation while urination.
3) after taking 56 full glasses of between 6pm to 10: 30pm including one glass full at bed time, I wake up for urination after 3 hrs in the night due to urgency. No irritation during urination/ no wetting the clothes.
5) sometimes after 2nd urination after taking 3 glasses of water, the flow is low and not as high as my first urination.
6) am I normal at this age or suffering from prostate enlargement problem. Is any medication required if I am diagnosed with prostate. Kindly advise. I usually take 9/10 full glasses of water in a day.
FIMSA, MD-Nephrology, DM - Nephrology, Critical Care Medicine, MBBS
33 years experience
Ask Free Question
Your symptoms are quite suggestive of prostate.
You start taking cap urimax-d, once daily & get hemogram, urine tests, kft, hba1c, psa, ultrasound kub & prostate done.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.