I am 42 years old Woman. My problem is from few weeks I have pain in the elbow. I feel as if inside the bone is paining. If I hold anything straight the pain is there in the bone of the elbow joint. This pain is only in my right hand. If I make a tight fist also I can feel the pain. Can you pls guide to what I have to do?
8 years experience
Ask Free Question
Mostly pain in elbow is due to strained or inflamed soft tissues like tendon. As per the symptoms (pain while making fist) seems you are suffering from tennis elbow.
After looking to your pain I would recommed you for some care that you can take at home. If possible visit some physio who can give you several mdalities like us, ift etc to cure the pain. Along with it we have a special program designed in case tennis elbow) like hold relax, mulligans etc just to get relief from pain.
1. Avoid weight lifting.
2. Avoid doing twisting moments like supination-pronation which usally is done while playing badmitton or while washing clothes.
3. Give rest to your work for some days.
4. Wear forearm band to rest your muscles.
5. Avoid bending your elbow into positions that cause the symptoms.
1. Give rest to your elbow. If severe pain you can use sling to avoid gravity pressure.
2. Ice and hot pack combo. Apply ice for 3 min and then hot for 2 min. There is very good result of both applications together. After 3 days of taking contrast therapy you can make the ice and hot ratio as 1: 1 mean one min cold and then one min hot. Start with hot pack and ends with cold. Take it for 15-18 min thrice a day for early recovery. Please make sure it should not be too hot or too cold.
3. Massage using your 2 fingers over the painful area.
4. Exercises: start the exercise once your pain is decreased atleast 50-60%
a) palm lifting
b) elbow up and down in gravity eliminated position
c) strengthening of elbow muscles.
For any query please contact me right away.
Good luck and get well soon.
4 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.