On occasionally my gums of the teeth is bleeding. Could you please let us know what precautions need to be taken for stopping the bleed from my gums.

On occasionally my gums of the teeth is bleeding. Could y...
Hello lybrate-user, gum bleeds because of infection. If you want to stop it you have to go for cleaning of gums and teeth. After that you can take care of your gums at home by - brushing twice daily gum massaging flossing.
Hi, there are various reasons for bleeding gums like poor oral hygiene, vitamin deficiency, physical injury to gums, hormonal changes, medications etc. You have to visit dentist for professional cleaning and check-up to know the exact cause and solution of your problem. Regards
- use a soft toothbrush -- and brush properly! brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day and after meals. Hard brushing can further damage the soft tissues of your mouth. - floss at least once a day and be sure to floss beyond the gum line to remove more plaque. - control bleeding by applying pressure to the area with a cold compress. - rinse with salt water or hydrogen peroxide to keep the area clean. Avoid mouthwashes that contain alcohol, which can dry out your mouth. - stay away from smoking and other tobacco products, which can aggravate bleeding gums. - eat a balanced diet and limit snacking between meals. Carbohydrates and sugars feed dental plaque. - try an oral irrigation device, commonly known as a" water pick, to clear debris from around the gum line. - have your dentures aligned as needed. - you may need deep cleaning along with surgical curettage or gum strengthening procedure. Use pepsodent tooth paste & gum paint for 2 to 3 weeks. Advance procedures can be done with laser.
Hi, bleeding from the gums can be caused due to deposition of tartar between your teeth and gums which in turn irritates your gums and causes bleeding. Its advisable to get a complete scaling done which can cure the problem.