A local podiatrist has preferred Isomil (Soy based) over Nan Pro for my baby. Is it advisable to go for Isomil since I see mixed reviews about Soy based formula. However she is being breast fed too with what little milk is being produced. Please advise. We are confused and concerned.

I will think twice to offer soya protein. Rare diagnosis of milk allergy. And only breast feeding.
If you are giving breast feeds and nan pro and the baby is comfortable and growing properly you need not worry and continue with the same. Only in case of excessive loose motions go for soya based preparations. Otherwise not needed.
Soya-based infant formulas (SIF) containing soya flour were introduced almost 100 years ago. Modern soya formulas are used in allergy/intolerance to cows' milk-based formulas (CMF), post-infectious diarrhoea, lactose intolerance and galactosaemia, as a vegan human milk (HM) substitute, etc. Soya based Infant Milk Substitute (IMS) are used for infants suffering from the following disorders: 1.Secondary Lactose Intolerance due to Diarrhoea 2.Primary Lactose Intolerance 3.Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy (CMPA) Soya -based Lactose-Free IMS reduces stool output & duration of diarrhea in hospitalized infants. Soy based formulas have a very specific indication and use. Never use Soy based formula for a normal baby.