Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My son is 13 yrs. Two days back his one tooth has started growing inside the upper jaw behind canine. Does he need any treatment?

9 Doctors Answered
At thirteen yes it appears to b a cross bite you r referring to pl consult a orthodontist.
Now this tooth can be premolar. May be deciduous tooth is there. So it is coming inside. If deciduous there than need to extract that so it can come on its position.
No, he doesn't need any treatment as this tooth can be premolar which erupts during this stage, if you think he has developed a malocclusion, then you can go for orthodontic consultation.
Yes he may need orthodontic treatment. Maybe his deciduous or milk teeth have not been shed. In which case extract all his milk teeth, giving space for the permanent teeth to erupt.
Yes mam, your son definitely needs a dental checkup as the new tooth is erupting at a different position than normal
Sometimes milk teeth don't shed naturally on their own. And permanent teeth start to erupt from behind. Your case appears the same. This will require treatment. Please visit your dentist for this.
Ya, he need treatment remove milky tooth.
Take a xray visit the dentist, at times permanent teeth start erupting before the milk tooth shed, therefore if the milk tooth needs to be removed then the dentist will remove, if not if it is small and get off on its own then no need to remove.
Yes! your child will have to gone for extraction for this extra milk teeth.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.