Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am a 57 years old woman, my problem is I get hot flushes, especially at night time and very frequently, which become very irritating at times and I get mood swings too, though I know its a common symptom for a menopausal women. One year back I used to take medication to suppress the hot flushes, but I was told that this medicine wil make you put on weight, so I stopped it. The name is Sibolone, Tibolone tablets BP. So please could you tell me if there is any alternative medicine and by which I will not gain weight. Otherwise I am a very happy go lucky type of a person and I am working in a school as a teacher.

1 Doctor Answered
I am a 57 years old woman, my problem is I get hot flushe...
If you have bp and are slightly overweight, you may like to avoid hormone replacement for menopause. Avoid excessive tea and coffee. Avoid late nights, try to work early mornings instead. Spend 20-30 minutes a day on some form of exercise. Yoga is also good.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.