Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Lower jaw left side t6 tooth having cap since ten years. Now it is swollen and dentist said we should do re root canal. Other dentist say the tooth should be extracted. What should I do?

9 Doctors Answered
Get a proper xray and consult a endodontist he will give the final verdict, in case it is troubling more it is wise to get it removed and get a partial denture /bridge made. Ensure that maximum effort should me made to save the natural tooth. Good luck.
1 person found this helpful
Take another dentists opinion tooth can be saved by rct, but should be in such condition.
1 person found this helpful
Take augmenting 625 mg three times daily
1 person found this helpful
It can be decided after we see d iopar please post your iopar.
Try to save to tooth if possible. Thank you.
1 person found this helpful
You are on metformin. Extraction is good since you are giving history of swelling so might be the infection id more and re rct may give relief for 1 or 2 months but whats the guarantee that this condition will not exist in future. But once consult your gen doctor that on metformin, u can get extraction done.
1 person found this helpful
Please send an iopa (xray ) of the tooth for detailed and correct diagnosis, yes the tooth can be re-root canal treated for optimal health of the tooth, if the tooth is badly broken and mobile, it can be extracted.
2 people found this helpful
If root canal treatment is possible then get it done.
1 person found this helpful
Go for re root canal.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.