1. Don't rub or scratch over the affected area vigorously as that would not only worsen the eye condition but also cause the eyelashes to fall out.--
2. Do pay attention to eyelid hygiene. It would be a good idea to clean the eyelids with a baby shampoo. Applying warm compresses will help in unclogging the oil glands. Take a clean cloth and dip it in warm water. Close your eyes and wipe the lid margins and eyelashes with this cloth. This will help in removing the secretions and debris from the eyelashes and eyelids.
3. Since scalp dandruff
could also cause itchy eyebrows and eyelashes, it would be best to seek medical help for treating seborrheic dermatitis
. As far
as the eye allergy
treatment is concerned, use of homoeopathic anti-inflammatory drops (euphrasia eye drops (sbl)) might prove beneficial.---
4. If the use of any cosmetic product is causing your eyelashes to itch
, then discontinue using it immediately. Women suffering with this problem must use non allergic homoeopathic cosmetic products only. Buy eyeliners or makeup products that wash off easily. You must always remove eye makeup at night and clean the makeup brushes so that bacteria are not trapped in them.
5. If you have been diagnosed with dry eyes
, then the treatment would involve instilling eye drops or artificial
tears (homoeopathic cinelube eyedrops (hapdco)). If you are suffering from severe dryness, your eyes might become photosensitive, so make sure that you wear sunglasses when you step outdoors. This will prevent your eyes from getting dry due to exposure to sun or wind.--
6. Blink and take breaks when you are working on a computer. Cold compresses will also have a soothing effect on dry and red itchy eyes.-
since our eyes are very delicate, one must try not to make any delays in seeking medical help. Itchy eyelids or eyelashes could be a symptom of an eye infection
, so do consult an eye specialist if your eyelash follicles itch every now and then.