Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

54 years old man blood sugar fasting-128, PP-185, Hb1C-7.4doing regular walking, wt. 57kgs, BP: 125/85 normal What should I do suggest?

1 Doctor Answered
You need to see a diabetologist as you need medication. Walking is only a part of the regimen required for diabetes control. In your diet, please avoid sugar products and have a medium carbohydrate, high fiber diet. Get your glycosylated hba1c under control or you could damage several parts of your body.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.