Consult Online With India's Top Doctors
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hi my sister is allergic to paracetamol tablets. When she takes paracetamol, she get swelling on her face and around eyes. She can't even open her eyes at that time. When she consulted the doctor, he said she allergic to nsaid content and avoid using that. My understanding is nsaid is used for pain relief and fever. So here my question, in life there will be many situations where we need to take pain killers, so is there any alternative tablets which she can take?

1 Doctor Answered
Hello Lybrate user. For pain you can try plain tramadol. Be aware of vomiting and headache which are side effect of tramadol take care.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.