Consult Online With India's Top Doctors
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I have been addicted to pleasure drugs, codeine phosphate and chlorpheniramine, I want to get out of it, but I can't be an inpatient. Please help me by suggesting some medicine.

2 Doctors Answered
Don't worry! you can get opd basis treatment ,no need to get ipd treatment. You are opoids (codeine dependence & other non addictive substance) you can start tab tapefree 50 mg four time a day as per your codeine dose under supervision of psychiatrist.
Getting out of addiction is tricky as it is a chronic disease like asthma or copd. It is advisable to seek consultation from a psychiatrist in person. There are many issues involved in successful treatment of addiction. Good luck.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.