Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hello sir, This is the best platform to help patient solve their problems which really cannot be answered single handedly My teeth are very sensitive to soar Things and Dr. Says the tooth enamel is too week. They suggest toothpaste with fluoride. My age is 42 and since 30 I am using this kind of paste with no result. Kindly suggest some way out. Thanking you.

5 Doctors Answered
Start using colgate pro relief, if problem persist go for colgate gel pro kam,if still problem persist, consult a dentist for filling of class v cavities in cercical region.
Sir, it maybe that your teeth are demineralised , or may be even eroded or abraded . In addition to all this there may be cavities ( small) which could render your teeth sensitive.Please consult your dentist for erosions, abrasion of teeth and maybe cavities too.Eroded and abraded teeth can generally be restored with composite fillings, and at times may require Laminates or veneers,in some cases they may have to be crowned or capped.Till then you can use Sensodyne tooth paste or Colgate Sensitive tooth paste.For relief from sensitivity.
If the paste is not working for you and you have senstivity to cold hot sout and sweet nd u might need rct in that teeth and crowning further on.
You can use sensitive toothpaste. Colgate sensitive, thermoseal, sensodyne, etc.
1.If there is severe attrition, Get RCT done on all attrited ones followed with crowns, 2.If there is cervical aberration,if not deeper, get it filled with GIC/Composite,if its still deeper RCT and crown.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.