Groundnuts and Radish are a must during pregnancy
Benefitss of Groundnutss during pregnancy
• Groundnuts are rich vitamins and contain at least 13 different types of vitamins that include Vitamin A, B, C and E. along with this, groundnuts are also rich in 26 essential minerals like calcium, iron, zinc, boron, etc. These help in brain function and development and also help to maintain strong bones.
• It is recommended that growing children, expecting women and nursing mothers consume roasted groundnuts with jaggery and goat’s milk. It is said to provide resistance and immunity against dangerous infections like hepatitis and tuberculosis.
• Groundnuts are rich in anti-oxidants and a chemical called resveratrol. These help in reducing the risk of contracting cardiovascular diseases, cancer
risk and also help in anti-ageing
, thus, keeping the body young and fit.
• They are composed of adequate levels of mono-unsaturated fatty acids especially oleic acid which helps to lower the LDL or "bad cholesterol" and increases HDL or "good cholesterol” level in the blood. This in return prevents coronary artery disease and strokes by taking care of the healthy blood lipid profile.
• Groundnuts contain amino acids and are a good source of dietary protein, which is essential for growth and development.
• Peanuts have high content of poly-phenolic antioxidants, primarily p-coumaric acid which reduces the risk of stomach cancer by preventing the formation of carcinogenic nitrosamines in the stomach.
• Boiling the peanuts for consumption is known to enhance the antioxidant concentration, such as biochanin-A and genistein.
• Groundnuts are packed with B-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates, which contribute towards brain health and stimulate blood flow to the brain.
• It is said that a handful of groundnuts per day, offers enough levels of phenolic anti-oxidants, minerals, vitamins, and protein recommended by doctors.
• Peanuts contain dietary fiber which enhances digestion
Benefits of Radish during Pregnancy
Just a single serving of radishes a day can provide your body many important nutrients your developing baby needs. Radish is a rich source of calcium. Calcium is an important nutrient you need to have during pregnancy as it aids the development of the baby’s bones and muscles.Radishes are a storehouse of folic
acid, which is a vital nutrient for pregnant women. Adequate folic acid levels in the body protect your baby against any birth defects
. In addition to that, radishes also contain potassium, iron and vitamin C, which can be extremely beneficial for an expecting mom.