My sis is 30 years old amd diagnosed with schizophrenia. N Dr. give her only one medicine name oleanz rt 10 mg. But I have heard it need lot of medicines to cure schizophrenia. Although she is improved much. But I am bit confused with treatment.

Hello friend, thanks for reaching out here for help. Trust your doctor's treatment. Glad that your sister is improving. Suitation and symptom vary patient to patients and doctors prescribe medications based this analysis. Treatment for schizophrenia provide good results with the combination of both medications and psychotherapy. Be positive. Instead of worrying about medication, get her to focus more on non medicine treatment plan like changes in lifestyle routines, few mindsets changes techniques or psychotherapy, excersise routines etc to further improve the recovery for long term. Feel free reach me online or Lybrate chat for further evaluation and recommendation. Be positive. She will be alright soon.
Dear Laxmi, Your sister is lucky that she improved with Olanzapine alone. Quite a few patients living with schizophrenia respond well to only one antipsychotic. But there are few who don't respond adequately or develop side effects with single antipsychotic. It is not true that schizophrenia will be cured with lot of medicines.
single medicine is good. oleanz is a good medicine but has chances of producing weight gain, metabolic changes and sedation. If they are not there, it is wise to continue the same. If so, alternates are there. main thing is symptom control with least or no side effects. All the best.