I and my partner want to get married but we both have thalassemia minor. We are facing a lot of objections from our family and they say that we cannot have healthy children. Can you please advice?

Yes there is 25% possibility that the kid will be thalassemia major. But you can do following test during pregnancy to find out if your baby is at risk for thalassemia, you can have prenatal tests during pregancy to see if he has the condition. Prenatal tests are tests you get during pregnancy to see how you and your baby are doing. 1. Chorionic villus sampling (also called cvs). This test checks tissue from the placenta to see if your baby has a genetic condition. You can get cvs at 10 to 13 weeks of pregnancy. 2. Amniocentesis (also called amnio). This test takes some amniotic fluid from around your baby in the uterus. The test checks for birth defects and genetic conditions in your baby. You can get this test at 15 to 20 weeks of pregnancy.
Definitely the risk of thallasemia major in your progeny will be quite high.